Kanya 's Salt and Peppers Squids. Combine the plain flour and rice flour in a large bowl. Pat the squid pieces with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Generously season the squid pieces with the salt mixture.
Salt and Pepper Squid is one of my childhood weekend treats that I remember most fondly. My dad would marinate the squid rings with Shaoxing wine and tons of ginger. Then he'd coat them with a simple batter seasoned with salt and pepper, frying them until they were a beautiful golden yellow. You can cook Kanya 's Salt and Peppers Squids using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kanya 's Salt and Peppers Squids
- Prepare 3 large of squids,clean ,cut into half an inch thick.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed coriander seeds ,optional.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/3 cup of cold soda water.
- You need 6 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 12 of hot peppers ,green and red color.
- Prepare 1 of oil enough to fry.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
Kanya 's Salt and Peppers Squids B-) :cookie easy and delicious :hungry. Combine all the batter ingredients and half a cup of cold water in a large bowl. Salt & pepper squid Little rays of sunshine "Crispy but tender squid with a hum of pepper heat, complemented by fragrant herbs, crispy garlic and a hit of vinegar – this is my evolution of the classic dish that I know you all love. And while any recipe that involves a pestle and mortar can seem like too much kitchen faffing when you get back from work, let me tell you that a bit of murderous bashing can.
Kanya 's Salt and Peppers Squids step by step
- Clean and cut squids into half an inch thick,mix flour batter in the bowl add flour,eggs ,salt ,pepper,coriander seed ,and slowly add cold soda water ..to your preference consistency ,not too thin,not too thick ,dip squids in.
- Deep fry squids until turn golden.
- Roughly chop garlic and hot chili ,mixed.
- In the pan add little oil ,enough to stir fry garlic and chili until light brown ,add squids ,stir to mix ,add sesame oil,heat off..when you heat off the garlic must turn to beautiful golden color..enjoy this as snack or super snack or with rice :).
This is a delicious and simple recipe for squid. Lightly coated in sea salt and pepper seasoned flour and then fried to perfection. Perfect for a hot summer's meal served with a fresh garden salad. Use a slotted spoon to lift out the squid, then drain on the kitchen paper and sprinkle with a little more salt. Serve the squid scattered with the spring onion and chilli, with the dipping sauce on the side.