Cornbread Yeast Loaves. Traditional cornbread is a quick bread leavened with baking powder, but this loaf is leavened with yeast. It's worked like all other yeast breads, mixed and kneaded by hand or a stand mixer, and left to rise and ferment before being shaped and eventually baked. This yeasted cornbread is flavorful and fun.
You can bake it in free form shapes, in two standard loaf pans, or as individual rolls like I did here. WE LIKE corn bread with our chili, and this makes just enough for two people. I received the recipe from a quilting friend at church and have shared it with many others. You can cook Cornbread Yeast Loaves using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cornbread Yeast Loaves
- Prepare of Yeast.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dry yeast.
- You need 1/3 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of hot water.
- You need of Bread.
- You need 2 cups of self rising cornbread mix.
- It’s 4 cups of all purpose flour divided.
- It’s 1 stick of butter melted.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need As needed of peanut oil for coating dough.
- It’s of Topping.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of kosher salt divided ×4.
Another way that my husband and I like eating corn bread is straight out of the oven, buttered and topped with syrup. -Edna Bjork, Norwalk, Iowa The long answer short – yes you can make cornbread in a bread machine. In fact, there are many variations of cornbread that can be made at home with almost any bread machine there is. There are plenty of recipes specialized for bread machine use so you won't have to figure things as you go, and yet, just rely on the recipe to achieve the results. Add all the other ingredients, except the flour and beat until smooth.
Cornbread Yeast Loaves instructions
- Mix the honey, molasses, and sugar. Add hot water and salt. Stir in the yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes..
- Mix 3 cups of the all purpose flour with the cornbread mixture. Melt the butter and add to the bread mixture..
- Add the eggs and mix well. When the butter and eggs are incorporated, add the molasses, yeast mixture..
- Mix well form a ball and coat with peanut oil. Let rise for an hour. Punch in and allow to rise again for an hour..
- After the second rising cut into 4 equal parts. Form into 4 little loaves. Cut some across the top of each loaf. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake in oven 30 minutes..
- When done take out of oven immediately. Allow to cool a bit before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Melt the butter and add to the bread mixture. Add the eggs and mix well. When the butter and eggs are incorporated, add the molasses, yeast. Combine flour, masa, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Learn how to cook great Yeast corn bread loaf.