Crockpot Tortellini Soup. This recipe has been forwarded many times to family and friends who love it! It's the perfect soup for a cold snowy evening. For a cheese tortellini soup with sausage and spinach, swap the kale for several big handfuls of roughly chopped spinach.
This Crockpot tortellini soup with sausage is a comforting, hearty, and easy to prepare slow cooker soup. Italian sausage, tomatoes, cheese tortellini, a splash of cream, and spinach make this one delicious soup. Crock-Pot Tortellini Soup Lucky me, I grew up with both Italian and Mexican step-grandmothers who loved, loved to cook and feed their large families delicious home-cooked meals. You can cook Crockpot Tortellini Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Tortellini Soup
- You need 1 bag of tortellini (i use fresh).
- You need 2 cans of diced italian tomatoes.
- It’s 4 cups of (or 1 box) chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of SMALL bag fresh spinach.
- It’s 1 block of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of spoonfull of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of diced chicken.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded italian cheese.
Both grandmas (I never thought of them as "steps" would not let you leave their house without something yummy to eat. How to Make Spinach Tortellini Soup. This recipe is as easy as they come!! Place all ingredients, minus the tortellini, in the slow cooker.
Crockpot Tortellini Soup step by step
- Add all ingredients but the chicken to crock pot and put on low. Chunk up the cream cheese..
- Pan fry chicken with italian seasoning (and whatever other seasonings you'd like) with olive oil and minced garlic.
- Add cooked chicken and shredded cheese to crockpot. (I put the cheese in after 4 1/2 hours so it wouldn't burn).
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Add the spices, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste and stir until incorporated. So I really wasn't sure if it was a legit recipe or not, but I tried it anyway. Dinner the whole family will love! Adding in tortellini to soups just gives it a little more spunk. Try more soups with tortellini in them like this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup, Creamy Tuscan Garlic Tortellini Soup or.