You can have Pad Thai using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- You need 8 oz of Rice sticks (dried rice noodles).
- You need 1 lb of Chicken/pork/beef/shrimp (choose one).
- It’s 1 of as needed Oil.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tbsp of Egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 small of Onion.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 cup of 3/8 chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 1/2 tbsp of Fish sauce.
- You need 6 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of White sugar.
- You need 6 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Lime juice.
- You need 1 cup of 1/8 peanut butter (if desired).
- It’s of Accents.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Peanuts.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Green onion (chopped).
- You need 1 large of Lime (cut in 4-6 slices for garnish).
- It’s 1 cup of Bean sprouts.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red pepper (crushed, use for garnish).
Pad Thai step by step
- Put noodles in pot with water and set on stove on lowest temp for 1 hour check occasionally to make sure they do NOT get over cooked.
- While noodles cook, put all ingredients for sauce together and let come to a small boil then let simmer..
- Put the remaining ingredients in another pan and let simmer together while watching and stirring so not to let the food burn. Use oil if needed..
- When noodles are done, drain BUT DONT PUT BACK IN POT YET! Put all together EXCEPT NOODLES then add noodles to desired dryness. I enjoy less noodles for more soup like..