Italian Subs. Get Italian Subs Recipe from Food Network. Meanwhile, split the bread lengthwise, then pull out some of the bread from the inside. This is a classic Italian sub sandwich with three kinds of meat and provolone cheese.
Italian™ Genoa salami, pepperoni, Virginia honey ham, melted provolone, Italian dressing, and seasonings, served Fully Involved. Fully Involved® – Loaded complete with mayo, deli mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a kosher dill pickle on the side. All of our hot subs are also available served cold. You can cook Italian Subs using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Subs
- It’s 1 of sub bun or brat bun cut in half.
- You need 6-8 pieces of salami (you can also add pepperoni as well if desired).
- Prepare 2 pieces of Swiss cheese cut in half diagonal.
- It’s 2 of tomato slices.
- Prepare of Lettuce.
- You need of Banana peppers.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of melted butter.
- Prepare of Dried Italian herbs.
- You need of Onion powder.
This Italian sub is loaded with cured meats, cheese and herbs, then smothered with a pickled cherry pepper spread and topped with oil and red wine vinegar. Place opened roll onto a work surface. Drizzle dressing onto the bottom half of the roll. Then top with lettuce, tomato, onions, pepperoni, capocollo, genoa, and cheese.
Italian Subs instructions
- Heat oven to 350.
- Layer on meat cheese and banana peppers sprinkle with parmesan.
- Heat about 5 minutes then remove and top with tomato and lettuce.
- Mix butter herbs onion powder and more parmesan and brush on top bread or bun.
The Italian sandwich, sometimes referred to as the Maine Italian sandwich, is an American submarine sandwich in Italian-American cuisine prepared on a long bread roll or bun with meats, cheese and various vegetables. It is known as a grinder or a sub in Boston, Massachusetts, and as a spuckie in East Boston Place the sub roll in the middle of a sheet of wax or butcher paper and drizzle the inside of the bread with Italian vinaigrette and balsamic vinegar. The Spruce Next, add the provolone, ham, mortadella, soppressata, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, banana peppers, salt, and pepper. In small bowl, whisk salad dressing, mustard and oregano until blended. Spread dressing mixture over cut sides of bread.