Sugar Free BBQ Sauce.
You can have Sugar Free BBQ Sauce using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- It’s 2 slice of Thick bacon, chopped fine (or see note).
- Prepare 1 small of onion, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- You need 1 can of 6 oz) tomato paste.
- You need 1 can of (12 oz) diet (sugar-free) cola – Splenda-sweetened preferred.
- You need 1/4 cup of Low carb (sugar-free) catsup, (or see note).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Ground cloves.
- You need 1 of Hot sauce to taste.
Sugar Free BBQ Sauce step by step
- Fry the bacon in a saucepan – a 2 qt pan works well. Note 1: If you prefer to leave the bacon out, add 1-3 teaspoons of liquid smoke, to taste, near the end of the cooking. Alternatively, add some smoky flavor using 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, or chipotle powder to taste..
- Add the onion and cook over medium until soft – 3-5 minutes. Add garlic at this point if you're using fresh and stir it for half a minute or so..
- Add the rest of the ingredients, plus about half a cup of water. Stir well. 4) Simmer for 20-30 minutes. It will cook down a bit and flavors will combine. 5) Adjust the seasonings so you have the balance you want – you can add vinegar, artificial sweetener (liquid preferred), or hot sauce. (If it's too hot, adding more sweetener will tone it down.) Note 2: If you can't find low carb catsup, leave it out, but add about a tablespoon of vinegar and some sweetener, to taste..
- The recipe makes approximately 10 servings of 1/4 cup each. Each serving has about 3.5 grams of carbohydrate plus 1 gram of fiber..