Fried Rice Noodle (Bihun Goreng) *Vegetarian/Vegan. Great recipe for Fried Rice Noodle (Bihun Goreng) *Vegetarian/Vegan. Rice noodle is lighter than egg noodle, you may try to change you noodle time to time with rice noodle 😀 Skip the eggs for vegan diet. These vegetarian fried noodles really hit the spot – full of flavour, texture and so satisfying!!
Back in Malaysia, this noodle dish is made with spicy squid, potatoes, fried shrimp fritters, fried tofu pieces, and some boiled potato wedges. Prepare the noodles according to the package directions; drain and set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic, and ginger; stir fry until the onion is limp. You can have Fried Rice Noodle (Bihun Goreng) *Vegetarian/Vegan using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Rice Noodle (Bihun Goreng) *Vegetarian/Vegan
- You need 200 gr of rice noodle.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of red onions.
- You need 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions.
- Prepare 200 gr of cabbage.
- It’s 2 of eggs (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare of Hot water to soak rice noodle.
Stir in the leeks or scallions, snow peas, and bean sprouts, and cook until tender-crisp. Then stir in the noodles, kecap manis, and sambal or cayenne. Iconic Singaporean & Malaysian Mee Goreng Mamak or Fried Noodles completely without seafood, meat or egg. Bihun Goreng Kampung (Village Fried Rice Noodles) I named this dish 'Village' Rice Noodles because my mom used to cook it for me when we lived in a small village long time ago.
Fried Rice Noodle (Bihun Goreng) *Vegetarian/Vegan step by step
- Soak rice noodle with hot water for 3-5 mins, drain the water, put aside..
- Grate carrots, chop spring onions, and cabbage, put aside..
- Mash red onion and garlic, pit it aside..
- Pre-heat sauce pan, pour cooking oil, put mashed onion and garlic in, stir them until the aroma comes out..
- Push the onion and garlic to the side, crack eggs in the other side of sauce pan, scramble it until its cooked, and mix it with onion and garlic together..
- Add grated carrot, chopped cabbage, and spring onion, mix it well, wait until they are cooked well, add salt and pepper, mix well..
- Add rice noodle gradually, mix it with 2 forks until blends and mixed peoperly, taste it before turning off the fire..
- Enjoy while hot :D.
It's a very simple dish and it doesn't use any meat in it because at that time we didn't have enough money to buy meat for food. Mee goreng mamak' Malaysian famous and favorite food. It is stir-fried over very high heat together with a special paste. Check out my recipes, and don't miss to subscribe my channel for more. In Malaysia, Mee Hoon goreng -Bihun goreng is one of the most famous rice vermicelli dishes.