Tortilla de Patatas y Pan con Tomate- Spanish omelette Tapas. Now the tricky part: place a flat lid or plate on top of the pan and flip the omelette onto the plate. For the main course, we ordered the Tortilla de patatas – the traditional Spanish omelette – and the Pollo al ajillo con salsa verde. It omelette was alright, it needed just a little bit of salt and that would have really brought out the flavors in the dish.
Tortilla de patatas tapas (Spanish omelette) This recipe was given to me years ago by a Spanish friend 🙂 No doubt about it, the Spanish omelette is the most commonly served dish in Spain and it is known as a tortilla de patatas. It is such a popular dish, some call it the national dish of Spain. Although I like it with chorizo or Spanis. You can cook Tortilla de Patatas y Pan con Tomate- Spanish omelette Tapas using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tortilla de Patatas y Pan con Tomate- Spanish omelette Tapas
- You need of Tortilla.
- You need 3 cup of thinly sliced potatoes.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- You need of Pan con Tomate.
- It’s 1 of bagette.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of Juice of half a lemon.
- You need 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
My kid loves it as I did when I was a kid!. I adapted recipe from Sonia's classic Spanish. Spanish omelette – known in Spain as tortilla de patatas – is a Spanish classic for good reason. So naturally, we thought we would start with food.
Tortilla de Patatas y Pan con Tomate- Spanish omelette Tapas instructions
- Saute thinly sliced onions in some olive oil until golden brown. Remove from oil and put aside..
- Saute the thin sliced potatoes in some olive oil until tender..
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Add salt & pepper. Add onions and potatoes to this mix..
- In a nonstick pan, heat up some olive oil and pour omelette in it. Cover and let cook, on medium-low, for about 4 minutes or until omelette is cooked on one side..
- Now the tricky part: place a flat lid or plate on top of the pan and flip the omelette onto the plate. Put some more olive oil in the pan and slide the omelette into the pan- to cook the other side 🙂 Once done- about 5 minutes, slide the Tortilla onto a plate..
- My mom used to make Pan con Tomate by slicing a tomato in half, rubbing it onto a slice of baguette and topping it with olive oil and a pinch of salt. For this recipe, I grated the tomatoes, added olive oil, lemon, finely minced garlic and salt & pepper. Spread a spoonful-or two-onto a slice of bread, top with a slice of the potato omelette and enjoy!.
A great vegetarian dish, that is also gluten-free and perfect for Passover, too. This Tortilla De Patatas is so versatile. If you're craving a slice of Spanish potato omelet, we've got the perfect tortilla de patatas recipe for you! The tortilla de patatas is Spain's true national dish. Eaten across the country, for any meal of the day, it doesn't get much better than this simple combination of eggs, potatoes, onion and olive oil.