You can cook Mediterranean Swordfish using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Swordfish
- It’s 2 of swordfish steaks 3/4” thick (8-10 oz. each).
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil, divided.
- It’s Dash of salt, pepper, and thyme.
- You need 1 cup of fennel bulb, chopped.
- You need 1 of medium onion, sliced, 2” pieces.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of chopped tomatoes, juices drained.
- It’s 1 can (6 oz.) of black pitted olives, drained, halved.
- Prepare 1 tbs. of capers, drained (optional).
- It’s Dash of tarragon, coriander, & oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of fresh basil leaves, cut or snipped into thin threads.
Mediterranean Swordfish instructions
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium – high heat..
- Place the swordfish steaks on a plate and drizzle with olive oil. Season the steaks and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes..
- In a large frying pan (with a lid), heat the olive oil and sauté the fennel and onion on medium heat until soft. Add garlic and heat for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomatoes, black olives, capers, and herbs. Reduce the heat and simmer..
- Place the swordfish steaks on the well-oiled grill grates and sear for 2 minutes per side..
- Remove from the grill and add the steaks to the pan on the stove and cover. Simmer this for 15 minutes per side..
- Swordfish steaks are done when you can slightly flake with a fork or internal temp is ~125˚..
- Carefully transfer the steaks (using a spatula) directly to serving plates on top of a bed of rice. Add the pan ingredients on top and serve with a side of sauté garlic flavored green vegetables..