Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli. And the last one might just be my favorite. See all those goodies in there? The spices, baby bits of quinoa, beans, and chunky sweet potatoes will slowly meld together and turn into the most spectacular chili EVER..
Serve with tortilla chips or cornbread and coleslaw. Bring mixture to a low boil on medium high heat and then lower heat to medium-low and simmer. Add the sweet potato, black beans and seasoning to the chilli. You can have Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli
- You need 4-5 pounds of sweet potatoes (about 5 big sweet potatoes).
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 can (28 ounce) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (16 ounce) of refried beans.
- You need 2 cans (15.5 ounce) of black beans, undrained.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 ounce) of chicken broth (low sodium).
- You need 2 of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Sour cream.
Meanwhile, stir the lime zest, a squeeze of lime juice, the coriander leaves and the pumpkin seeds into the quinoa. Consider a toppings bar for your black bean chili, including salsa, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, diced avocado, and crushed gluten-free corn tortilla chips. The smaller cubes will cook faster than larger pieces. This chili is not very spicy.
Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli instructions
- Rinse and peel your sweet potatoes, then cut into chunks…..
- Place sweet potato chunks into large crockpot……..
- Add to sweet potatoes your black pepper, chilli powder and ground cumin……
- Now add your crushed tomatoes, refried beans, black beans and chicken broth……
- Now add your sliced onions, green pepper and minced garlic, stir well…..
- Cover and cook on Low heat for 8 hours, stirring occasionally……
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream and enjoy 😉!!!.
In ever so humble opinion, this is the best chili recipes I've ever tasted. Plus it's based around a sweet potato which means you're getting a boat load of super foods at the same time. In a nonstick Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute sweet potatoes and onion in oil until crisp-tender. This delicious Crockpot Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili is hearty and full of flavor! Chili is a go-to meal when the weather turns a little chilly outside!