You can have Taco Salad using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taco Salad
- It’s 1 lb. of Taco meat your favorite.
- Prepare 2 of corn tortillas fried.
- Prepare of Cabbage thinly sliced.
- It’s of Tomato.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- It’s of Sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need of Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Taco Salad step by step
- Cook the taco meat. My preference whether beef/chicken/pork/turkey is cumin heavy and spicy. When I make it out ground turkey I mix the spices in a food processor with oil, apple cider vinegar and taco bell mild sauce. Then I mix that into the turkey and let sit in the fridge for a minimum of an hour. When cooking I have the skillet on medium high to keep from getting that weird juicy white fat stuff and also use a can of green chilies..
- Fry the corn tortillas.
- Slice the cabbage, tomatoes and avocados. I used cabbage in place of lettuce to make this more of a hearty dish plus I like the flavor combo. Also with it being extra filling you can skip refried beans, saving some dishes to do on a weeknight is also great!.
- Load the bowl with the cabbage then top with the taco meat. This will lightly soften the cabbage. Load up the rest of the toppings and don't forget the fried tortilla on the side..