Brocolli & Stilton Soup. Whether served alone or paired with chicken in a stir-fry, broccoli is a veggie that's sure to please. Broccoli is the star in these stir-fries, soups, salads, and casseroles. We've got hundreds of top-rated recipes..
Broccoli is classified in the Italica cultivar group of. Broccoli is a green vegetable that vaguely resembles a miniature tree. It belongs to the plant species known as Brassica oleracea. You can cook Brocolli & Stilton Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brocolli & Stilton Soup
- It’s 1 head of brocolli, cut into florets, end of stalk discarded,.
- It’s 2 of spring onions, sliced,.
- You need 70 g of Stilton cheese, left to ripen at room temperature,.
- Prepare 1 knob of unsalted butter,.
- It’s 90 ml of soured cream,.
- It’s 200 ml of unsweetened almond milk,.
- It’s 1 of grating of nutmeg,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white pepper,.
- You need of Salt to season.
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- You need of Around 20g extra stilton, crumbled,.
- You need of Cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of Equipment Needed:.
- Prepare 1 of hand or regular blender.
It's closely related to cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale and. Overview Information Broccoli is a vegetable. The parts that grow above the ground are used to make medicine. Broccoli is used for high cholesterol, fibromyalgia, preventing several types of.
Brocolli & Stilton Soup instructions
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the brocolli. Cover with a lid and boil until tender and a knife passes through the stalks easily. Drain off the water completely..
- Add the brocolli back into the saucepan and season with the pepper and a pinch of salt..
- Add in the spring onions, garlic granules, and grate over a bit of nutmeg. Add the knob of butter followed by the soured cream. Give everything a good stir. The brocolli should break down into smaller pieces..
- Remove the soup from the heat. Blend until most lumps have disappeared and a thick texture is achieved. Add the milk then blend again until smooth and creamy..
- Return the soup to the heat (a medium to low heat should suffice), and crumble in the soft ripened blue cheese. Stir the cheese through and allow it to melt into the soup. Do this until no lumps remain. Season with more salt to taste..
- Serve up and crumble over a little more cheese as a garnish if you'd like, and add some cracked black pepper to taste. Enjoy!.
Health Benefits of Scallions Although you'd never guess it, broccoli has its origins in the wild mustard plant. It was bred by farmers over time to be the crunchy, green vegetable we know today. Do you still make the same face you did as a child when presented with a plate of broccoli? With these recipes, it's possible to enjoy — even love! — broccoli. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable rich in nutrients.