Coconut shrimps. Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
You can bake the shrimp but nothing beats deep-frying. Shrimp is a perennial favorite among Food Network fans, so we've collected the best of the best coconut shrimp recipes for you to savor anytime. This Honey-Pepper Coconut Shrimp recipe gets its flavor from sweetened shredded coconut, lemon, and panko. You can cook Coconut shrimps using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut shrimps
- Prepare 24 large of size shrimps,clean,devained.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shreded coconut ,toasted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumb.
- You need 1 tsp of each salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 of oil ,enough for deep fry.
Get the recipe from Food & Wine. Dip shrimp in the egg whites, then coat with the coconut breading. Garnish with lime wedges and serve. Coconut Oil: I prefer frying the coconut shrimp in coconut oil for the best taste!
Coconut shrimps instructions
- Clan,devain shrimps ,pat dry,lightly coat with flour.
- Toast shreded coconut to lightly brown,mix with breadcrumbs,seasoning with salt and pepper ,mix well.
- Get 3 stations ready,floured shrimps,egg,shreded coconut mix.
- Dip shrimps in beat egg,coat with coconut ,do this step twice,arrange in container and bring to freez for 2 hour,this can help easy to fry.
- Deep fry until light golden and crispy ,serve hot with your choice of sauce ,mine easy with tartare :).
Place the coconut in another shallow dish. Coat shrimp with cornstarch mixture; dip into egg whites, then coat with coconut. In a bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Ingredients for Shrimp Dipping Sauce: All you need to make an amazing coconut shrimp sauce is equal parts of sweet chili sauce and apricot preserves or apricot fruit spread. The sweet chili sauce can be found in the Asian food section of the grocery store.