Sautéed bean sprout and salted fish (threadfin). Bean sprouts is a healthy vegetable. This bean sprout recipe with tofu is vegan and vegetarian friendly. Easy to cook and goes well with If you want authentic flavors, you can add salted fish to this Chinese dish.
There's something about this dish which makes it so special. Yes you guessed it right, the salted fish makes this dish "oh so perfect". Among the many salted fish dishes that my Mom prepares, stir fry bean sprouts with salted fish is easily one of my favorites. You can cook Sautéed bean sprout and salted fish (threadfin) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sautéed bean sprout and salted fish (threadfin)
- It’s 150 gr of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 20 gr of salted fish (thinly chopped).
- You need 1/2 of size tomato.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of bird eye chillies.
- Prepare 3 of red chillies.
- You need 1 tsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
There is nothing difficult with this dish, though if you are OCD like me, you may spend quite some times trimming all those tails from the bean sprouts. Make an amazing dish of sautéed snow peas and bean sprouts, perked up with soy sauce, sesame seeds and other ingredients that give a strong flavour to the mild veggie. Nicely cooked bean sprouts should be just cooked (not slightly raw) but still crunchy. Add a splash of Chinese wine along the walls of the wok just before you finish cooking.
Sautéed bean sprout and salted fish (threadfin) instructions
- Rinse and clean the bean sprout with water, drain and put aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan, stir fry the thinly chopped salted fish for about 4 mins.
- Add in the chopped onions, garlics and chillies followed by chopped tomato. Stir fry for about 3 mins over medium heat.
- Slightly turn down the heat, add in the bean sprout, season with 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce and a pinch of sugar. Stir fry occasionally for about 3 mins then your dish is ready to serve.
- Happy trying ^•^.
Different brands of salted fish have different degree of saltiness so you may need to experiment and adjust the quantity accordingly. The Best Canned Bean Sprouts Recipes on Yummly This six-step recipe for Caribbean fried salt fish isn't deep-fried but sautéed and often served with rice, roti, or ground provisions. How to Make Caribbean Fried (Sautéed) Salt Fish. Stir in salt and bean sprouts.