Meatball Sub. In a bowl, combine the ground beef and breadcrumbs. Add the milk, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic and egg. How do you bake meatball subs?
I'm sharing a few tips to make the best Meatball Subs right at home. You can easily make them right in your oven with leftover meatballs or make meatballs specially for the subs ahead of time. Meatball Subs are a favorite recipe, perfect for a crowd and easy to make! You can have Meatball Sub using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatball Sub
- You need 1 Package of Sub Rolls.
- It’s of Provolone cheese.
- Prepare of Shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Left over meat balls.
- You need of Left over spaghetti sauce.
Tender juicy homemade meatballs (or frozen in a pinch) are simmered in a flavorful tomato sauce are placed in a roll and topped with cheese. The sandwiches are broiled until golden and the cheese is bubbly for the perfect bite! This hot submarine style sandwich – it's meaty, saucy and cheesy! This is one of those recipes you always come back to.
Meatball Sub instructions
- Warm the sauce and meat balls on the stove in a small pot on medium heat..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Cut the sub rolls in half lengthwise, and remove some of the bread from the inside to make a well for the meatballs. Brush with olive oil, and season with garlic powder and salt. Slip the sub rolls into the oven for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted..
- Spoon the meat sauce and the meatballs into the subs and top with slices of provolone cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Cool slightly, cut into servings, and enjoy!.
A flavorful tomato sauce and mildly spiced meatballs make a hearty sandwich filling, or they can be served over pasta. I broil the meatballs first to quickly brown them. —Jean Glacken, Elkton, Maryland How to make meatball subs. These meatball subs are so simple to make and the perfect way to use up leftover meatballs. They are one of our favorite quick and easy dinner recipes. Scroll down for the printable meatball sub recipe.