Crockpot Coconut Curry. Combine coconut milk, salt, pepper, curry powder, hot sauce and chicken broth in a bowl and stir thoroughly. One half hour before serving, add peas on top of chicken mixture. Just before serving, stir mixture thoroughly and sprinkle with toasted coconut if using.
All the flavors of classic coconut curry chicken but in a easy dump-it-and-forget-about-it slow cooker chicken curry recipe! Perfectly spiced, creamy coconut, tender potatoes & chicken all served over some fragrant Jasmine rice. A simple & delicious easy weeknight family dinner that's mild enough for kids to enjoy. You can cook Crockpot Coconut Curry using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Coconut Curry
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Minced garlic (paste).
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- You need 1-3 tbsps of Red curry paste (depends on heat preference).
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayenne.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsps of Turmeric.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsps of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Worchestor.
- It’s of Sweet basil.
- You need of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Green onion.
- It’s 1/3 of yellow onion.
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable broth (or water and add vegan bel bouillon).
- It’s of Cashews (optional).
- You need of Egg (optional).
- It’s of Lime.
Crockpot Thai Chicken Curry is one of the easiest meals to make and is so tasty. Curry paste, coconut milk, and ginger add a ton of flavor to this healthy, low-cal, and paleo + gluten-free dinner. Prep your lunch or dinner for an entire week with our amazing crockpot curry chicken! This slow cooker coconut curry chicken is made with chicken breast, full-fat coconut milk, green curry paste, and a squeeze of lime.
Crockpot Coconut Curry step by step
- While you chop your onions and skin your sweet potatoes, add some olive oil to your crockpot and turn it on high. Add minced ginger, garlic, and red curry to the pot as well as you yellow onion. Add you spices next and stir (salt, pepper, brown sugar, tumeric, cayenne, paprika, optional curry powder).
- Once your seasonings are stirred into the onion add the worcheshire and soy sauce (or you can use fish sauce) and mix. Add small chopped sweet potatoes and some chopped basil and cover for 90 minutes..
- After the first 90 minutes. Add your coconut milk, vegetable broth and some cilantro and green onion (save the rest for garnish). Cook for another 90 minutes, sweet potatoes should be easy to cut..
- After the second round of 90 minutes you can add any of the following: canned chickpeas, raw shrimp, cooked chicken, etc. cook jasmine rice with sesame oil or any other vegetables or sides you want to have with the dish. Garnish with cashews, cilantro, green onion. You can even add an egg! Add sliced lime to the plate for squeezing and serve..
That makes this slow cooker chicken breast recipe gluten-free, paleo, and keto! It makes an easy and delicious dinner for the whole family. Thai food is one of my favorite cuisines with its layers of flavors and spices in every bite. Saucy Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Cashew Chicken with sweet red peppers, tender potatoes, and crunchy cashews make right in your crockpot! The way I see it, you're either Type A, Type B, or Type C.