Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot. It was one of the first recipes I ever added. It's made in the slow cooker and is one of my family's most requested recipes for dinner. You can use any kind of roast you like, I almost always use a chuck roast to make this crockpot roast beef.
Although it does require a few extra minutes and an extra pot to wash, searing the meat seals in the juices. This Crockpot roast beef recipe is an easy recipe that has been in our family for years. It is so quick and simple that we really should think about making pot roast more often! You can cook Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot
- It’s 2.5-3 lb of boneless chuck roast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1-1.5 cup of lower sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry rosemary.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn oil (for searing meat).
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper meat before searing.
And the leftovers are always phenomenal! This slow cooker pot roast is amazing. Look for chuck roast, shoulder steak, boneless chuck roast, chuck shoulder pot roast, chuck seven-bone pot roast, or beef chuck arm. Brisket: From the breast or lower chest with long strands of meat.
Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan. Sear / brown seasoned meat on both sides..
- Remove meat. Add balsamic vinegar and beef broth and deglaze the pan..
- Stir in the rosemary, garlic and onion powder. Bring to boil..
- Place 2 bay leaves on bottom of crockpot. Place seared meat on top. Pour in the liquid from the pan. Liquid needs to come up to just below the top of the meat…. 3/4 the way up the meat..
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat to platter. Thicken the gravy and serve with mashed potatoes..
The flat cut is leaner, and the point cut has more fat. Brisket is best sliced against the grain of the meat for maximum tenderness. Put bouillon on bottom of crock pot, and pour stock from skillet on top, including onions and garlic. Sprinkle parsley and Italian seasoning over meat, toss in carrots and potatoes. Remove roast and veggies to serving platter.