Crockpot Southwest Chicken 🐔. This creamy and mildly spicy slow cooker chicken chili is our family's staple dinner recipe. I make it at least a dozen times over the colder months. It freezes well and leftovers keep for days!
You could substitute the chicken thighs for breasts but cut back on the cooking time a little bit so the chicken doesn't dry out. Now I could call this recipe a double crock pot recipe as the cooked chicken I used in this recipe is actually from our favorite crock pot shredded chicken recipe. You don't have to use that recipe to cook your chicken, any cooked chicken will work, however, we pretty much always keep it on hand, so that is what I tend to use. You can have Crockpot Southwest Chicken 🐔 using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Southwest Chicken 🐔
- It’s 1 pack of chicken thighs (boneless, skinless).
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano leaves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 can (15.5 ounce) of black beans, undrained.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1 jar (24 ounce) of salsa (your favorite!).
- You need 1 can (14.5 ounce) of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of Cooked yellow rice.
This Crock Pot Ranch Chicken recipe shines like a star when you need a quick and easy dinner. First of all, it is a crowd pleaser! It is hard to find someone who won't think this recipe is perfectly delicious. You can serve it the first night as the star of the show over rice and greens, and then keep the leftovers to make other meals.
Crockpot Southwest Chicken 🐔 step by step
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs…….
- Place thighs into your crockpot…….
- Add to crockpot : garlic, black pepper, oregano,parsley flakes, cumin, black beans, corn, salsa and chicken broth, stir slightly……..
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, stirring occasionally and leaving lid to crockpot partially opened midway thru cooking…….this helps to keep your chicken from becoming too watery as it cooks !.
- Shred chicken thighs lightly with 2 forks when chicken is cooked thru……..
- Serve with cooked yellow rice and enjoy 😉!!.
This is a really good and easy slow cooker recipe for pinto beans, it's really good with some fresh cornbread on the side. You can add the jalapenos to your taste. We like it with a little kick but it's just as good without them. A simple crock pot recipe for tender chicken. Serve over hot rice or noodles.