Potato Poofs. We Transform Simple Ingredients Into Tasty & Satisfying Kettle Cooked Potato Chips. Cape Cod® Chips Have A Delicious, Satisfying Crunch & Flavor. More Flavoring Ideas for Mashed Potato Puffs.
I have also added corn niblets for a really different tasting puff. Pass the potatoes through a ricer into a large bowl or mash with a potato masher until smooth. Freeze option: Place unbaked puffs on baking sheets; cover and freeze until firm. You can cook Potato Poofs using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Poofs
- It’s of poofs.
- You need 3 cup of cooked russet potatoes, skins removed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plus two tablespoons all purpose flour.
- You need 2 dash of sriracha hot sauce.
- You need of frying.
- It’s 1 quart of vegetable oil.
Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags. Place frozen potato puffs on greased baking sheets. Mashed potato puffs are so delicious! Sometimes I make a batch of mashed potatoes just to make these and they are gone so fast.
Potato Poofs step by step
- Cook your potatoes how you wish. I baked mine in a 400°F. oven for 1 hour. You may boil them or microwave until tender. Don't forget to remove skins..
- In a large bowl mash or put your potatoes through a ricer. I used a ricer as it gives a smoother texture to potatoes..
- Add your milks, butter, eggs , seasonings, sriracha and flour to bowl..
- Mix together to form a light batter consistency. Chill batter for 15 minutes before frying..
- In a deep fryer or large pot, add the oil. In a pot, you do not want oil to go past halfway in the cooking pot. Add your oil accordingly..
- Bring oil temperature to 350°F..
- Drop potato mixture in by tablespoons..
- You may need to turn these once a golden brown color on each side. This will take about 1-2 minutes per side..
- Drain finished poofs on paper toweling as you finish the entire batch..
- Serve immediately and keeping leftovers is not suggested..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
In a medium mixing bowl whisk the eggs then whisk in the sour cream. Pass the potatoes through a ricer into a large bowl. Stir in the egg, butter, dry milk, cheese, flour and nutmeg; season with salt. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, salt, basil and pepper.