Shrimp And Coconut Egg Rolls. To Make Coconut Shrimp: In a bowl, whisk beer, egg, milk, flour, baking powder, and salt. Dip peeled, headless shrimp in the batter. Fry the breaded shrimp in hot oil until the coconut flakes are golden bown.
The egg rolls can be baked uncovered, using a sheet pan preferably. Great recipe for Shrimp And Coconut Egg Rolls. Something fun and different to get your appetite going. You can cook Shrimp And Coconut Egg Rolls using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp And Coconut Egg Rolls
- Prepare of assembly.
- You need 6 of egg roll wrappers.
- Prepare 1 quart of vegetable oil, enough to deep fry.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shredded coconut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 large of egg, beaten.
- You need of filling.
- Prepare 14 large of shrimp, shelled, tail off and deveined.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of pineapple preserves.
- It’s 3 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
To counter and compliment the sweetness, I suggest a salty or hot sauce to dip in. Just pick your favorites and enjoy! Change things up on the classic egg roll in a bowl, by adding shrimp and simplifying this easy recipe even more. The perfect, healthy meal for busy weeknights, meal prep, or anytime you are craving delicious food.
Shrimp And Coconut Egg Rolls step by step
- Chop up into medium chop the cleaned shrimp..
- In a large bowl add soy sauce, ginger, preserves, sesame oil, salt and cornstarch. Mix together well. Add shrimp. Mix again. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour..
- Start heating your oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 350°F..
- Get three plates ready in an assembly line fashion..
- First plate add beaten egg. Second add panko and coconut. Third leave for finished egg rolls..
- Take a small amount of filling and place it at top of egg roll wrapper. Roll over once and with some water, wet all exposed edges..
- Fold in the edges as seen in photo. Continue then to roll to end. Lay finished roll to the side, seam side down..
- Finish same technique with other five rolls..
- Dip finished egg roll in egg, then in crumb mixture to coat thoroughly. Repeat until all are coated..
- Fry until a light golden brown. Drain on paper towels..
- Serve these with a plain soy sauce or sauce with some heat to dip with. It compliments the sweetness..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
The deep-fried wrapper and all the calories, carbs and work involved. Much like shrimp sushi bowls, we're leaving all the work to make the traditional recipe to your favorite restaurant!. This is an excellent recipe when serving a crowd with many different eating style, such as vegan, gluten-free and meat-lovers The addictive "crack slaw" is perfect for most any diet. the crow's nest restaurant's fiery deep-fried coconut shrimp Combine eggs , cayenne and seasoning salt. bread crumbs and coconut in third pan. Cover rolls with a damp towel while you finish rolling all of them. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, until skins are crisp and golden brown, turning them as they brown.