Red Thai Curry Chicken.
You can have Red Thai Curry Chicken using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Thai Curry Chicken
- You need 1 lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
- It’s 1 can of Coconut Milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Red Curry Paste.
- You need 3 each of Lime Leaves or 1 TBsp of lime rind.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tamarind paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of Cilantro.
- You need 1/4 cup of Hot water.
Red Thai Curry Chicken instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and fry with a little salt and pepper until browned, set aside in a bowl. Fry the curry paste until you can smell it….about a minute or so on medium high heat..
- Reduce the heat to medium and slowly add the coconut milk, stirring constantly..
- Add the Tamarind Paste and lime leaves (or rind). Continue cooking until you can see some red coloured oil emerging on the surface. Stir in the water and taste, if too salty you can add a bit more water..
- Add the chicken, fish sauce and most of the cilantro, saving some cilantro for garnish. Simmer for 15-30 minutes with a lid on the frypan..
- Serve over rice with some chopped cilantro on top as a garnish..