Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas. Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux, stir and cook until bubbly, and gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.
Cook over medium high heat until mixed thoroughly. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are rich, creamy and easy to make! Tender juicy chicken, onion and loads of cheese are wrapped in flour tortillas and smothered in a simple homemade sour cream sauce, topped with cheese and baked until brown and bubbly! You can cook Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas
- It’s 3-4 cups of cooked shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken).
- It’s 1 of medium yellow or white onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 of large can enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 3 cups of shredded cheese (I use mexican blend).
- You need 6-10 of flour tortillas.
This quick and easy Chicken-Sour Cream Enchiladas recipe is the perfect Mexican dish for busy weeknights. One online reviwer claims, "These were excellent! I used corn tortillas instead of the flour for a more authentic flavor. I dipped the tortillas in the sauce to make the rolling easier.
Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Stir often. Combine chicken and onions in the frying pan. Stir until well combined..
- Pour ½ cup of enchilada sauce over the chicken and onion mixture- just enough to coat the chicken..
- Add the sour cream and parsley, stir until well combined..
- Once the sour cream and parsley are fully combined, turn off the heat. Now add the shredded cheese. I usually add 2-3 cups sometimes more depending on how cheesy I want it. I like this mixture to be creamy and cheesy. Once the cheese is melted and combined with the chicken and sour cream mixture taste it to see if needs anything more. More sour cream? More cheese perhaps? More sauce? Adjust it how you want it..
- Now it's time to fill the tortillas and make the enchiladas. (Spray your baking dish with non stick spray first.) Now just pour enough sauce in a baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish..
- Now take a tortilla and spoon some sauce on the tortilla. Next spoon on some of the chicken mixture..
- Roll up the tortilla and place it in the baking dish. Repeat steps to make enough tortillas to fill your baking dish or until the chicken mixture is used up..
- Pour enchilada sauce over the completed enchiladas. Spread it evenly over the top..
- Top with more shredded cheese and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Now they are ready for the oven. Cover with foil and bake 20-30 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Since the chicken is pre cooked, you only need to bake them long enough for the sauce to start bubbling, tortilla edges are slightly crisp and the cheese is melted..
Sour Cream Enchiladas Creamy, cheesy enchiladas with the sharp flavor of green onion. Melt the butter in a skillet. Sprinkle flour over melted butter and whisk to combine. Remove the skillet from heat and whisk in broth. Heat the cream of chicken soup and green chiles in a saucepan over medium heat.