Charred Sweet Potato Curry. Great recipe for Charred Sweet Potato Curry. This is my charred sweet potato curry. It's such a tasty and wholesome curry.
In this lentil recipe, I also added tomatoes, kale and sweet potatoes. For creaminess, I used dairy-free yogurt, or you can add coconut cream. I can't tell you how satisfying and good this lentil curry is. You can cook Charred Sweet Potato Curry using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Charred Sweet Potato Curry
- Prepare 1 of sweet potato, peeled, and sliced into 3rds lengthways,.
- You need 1/2 of an onion, chopped,.
- It’s 1 handful of baby leaf spinach,.
- It’s 70 g of closed cap mushrooms, sliced finely,.
- You need 20 g of cashew nuts,.
- You need 1 tbsp of tikka curry paste,.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of pureé tomato paste,.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red chilli flakes, (to personal taste),.
- Prepare 4 g of fresh ginger, chopped finely,.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic granules,.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of granulated stevia sweetener,.
- You need 1 dash of milk,.
- It’s 200 ml of water,.
- You need of Coconut Frylight spray,.
- It’s of Salt to season.
- You need of Serving suggestions:.
- You need 125 g of basmati & wild rice blend,.
- Prepare of Pak choi or tender stem brocolli.
- It’s of To garnish (optional):.
- Prepare of Freshly chopped coriander.
- You need of Equipment needed:.
- It’s 1 of microwave.
Because I wanted to add another flavour and texture, I made some charred peppers. The peppers are then topped with the thick flavourful curry. Add the sesame oil, rice vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl with the orange and lettuce. Gently toss the citrus salad to evenly coat.
Charred Sweet Potato Curry instructions
- Microwave the sweet potato segments until fork tender. Set aside to cool on some kitchen towel. Heat up a medium saucepan over a medium to high heat and spray in some coconut oil. Add the onions and begin to fry them. Turn the heat down to medium. Next add in the mushrooms. Fry for a further minute or two..
- Add the curry paste and the tomato paste plus the fresh ginger, stir through to coat the onions and mushrooms until fragrant then add 200ml water. Bring to a simmer. Add a pinch of chilli flakes to taste depending on how much heat you want, then add the garlic granules, and Stevia sweetener. Stir. Turn down the heat to low..
- Heat up a frying pan over a medium heat and spray in some coconut oil. Once hot and sizzling add in the pieces of sweet potato and fry until slightly charred black on each side. Turn off the hob and leave the pan on it to stay warm..
- Returning to the curry sauce, add in a handful of spinach and wilt it down. Add the cashews, stir through the sauce until coated then remove the pan from the heat. Add a dash of milk and stir until the sauce lightens and becomes more orange. The sauce should have reduced down and thickened slightly by now..
- Serve up by first spooning some sauce onto the plate, then piling up the chunks of charred sweet potato, spoon over the remaining curry and garnish with coriander. Eat with your choice of sides and enjoy! :).
Use a fork to slightly mash the sweet potato flesh. Spread the charred scallion miso butter on the roasted sweet potatoes and top with five-spice tempeh and remaining sliced scallions. While the curry braises, prepare the rice: In a small pan over medium-high heat, bring water and milk to a boil. Fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Serve sweet potato chicken curry hot over coconut rice with parsley on top.