Masa chips / masa tortilla. Late July Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips That Are So Good You Can Taste What's Real. Be The Life Of The Party With Late July® Snacks! HOW TO MAKE TORTILLA CHIPS with Masa Flour using Homemade Mexican Masa Tortillas and store bought Flour Tortillas If you are in Australia, check out El Cielo for all your Mexican Ingredients.
Optimal product handling, uniform oil heating and flow control, efficient fines removal, fast oil turnover, and clean-in-place sanitation are all part of the fryer package that produces the highest quality product with a long shelf life. Quickly stir water into masa harina, then mix with hands until dough is a soft consistency. Form into a ball, turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. You can have Masa chips / masa tortilla using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Masa chips / masa tortilla
- You need 1 cup of Masa flour.
- You need 1 cup of hot tap water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
If the dough cracks or crumbles, you may need to add additional water. Herdez Tortilla Chips, Authentic Blue Corn Masa, Bag. Mexico is a country of expression. With just a few ingredients you can make your own homemade corn tortillas and tortilla chips!
Masa chips / masa tortilla step by step
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix..
- Add water. Mix by hand or with spatula..
- Let sit in fridge for twenty five minutes..
- Divide into eight equal balls..
- Flatten using press or another method..
- Place on hot, dry pan or griddle for a minute. Flip..
- Here are your masa tortillas..
- To turn them into chips: break the tortillas up and then place in deep fryer or in heated pan that had 0.25 inch oil..
- Place on metal strainer to let cool. Then serve. I enjoy mine with a bowl of chili..
- Note: there are two ways to make the chips. (1) make the tortilla and then fry it. (2) place masa dough straight into the fryer..
I got several requests for a recipe for Homemade Corn Tortillas after I posted my recipe for Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas. It took a few weeks, but I finally got my act together and headed. Masa chips / masa tortilla Lone Wolf Kitchen Arvada, Colorado. Place dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix by hand or with spatula.