Homemade Tator Tots. The directions here are spot on. Boiling the potatoes first is an important step to get the perfect consistency for shaping the tots. This is obviously more time consuming than just opening up a bag of frozen ones but these are fun to make and you can control what spices go into them.
Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science. This homemade tater-tots recipe is one of our favorites. It's so easy to make and I love creating as many variations as I can think up! You can have Homemade Tator Tots using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Tator Tots
- It’s 1 packages of Simply Potatoes shredded hashbrowns.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 2 large of Eggs.
- You need 5 tbsp of approximately flour.
- You need 1 of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of oil for frying.
Here are some tips that will help ensure your success. You can save time by using the shredded hash browns in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. Don't forget to parboil the potatoes. Place shaped tater tots onto oiled baking sheet.
Homemade Tator Tots step by step
- Pictured below is the bag of hashbrowns I used. My grocery store has them not frozen next to the eggs. I'm sure you could use any hashbrowns thawd out..
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl..
- Scoop out small amounts and form in to balls..
- I used a deep fryer. Bring oil up to 350°..
- Fry until golden brown and enjoy..
If you haven't eaten Tater Tots lately, let me refresh your memory: they are delicious. With deeply golden, crispy exteriors that give way to tender, creamy interiors, Tater Tots are not the sort of thing it's possible to enjoy in moderation. Thanks to today's lightened-up, homemade, baked Tater Tots recipe, now you can feel good piling them onto your plate! Remove from fryer and drain on a paper towel lined tray. Immediately season with salt and pepper.