Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Great recipe for Mike's Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce. Finding myself out of my pre-fabed Asian sauce one evening – I created my own.
Hoisin sauce is an intensely-flavored, thick, and sticky dipping sauce that can be served with dumplings, or used in Asian stir-fries, meat marinades, and noodle dishes. Garlic and ginger are added to bottled soy and hoisin sauces, along with some chili paste, chopped peanuts, and a few other ingredients, to achieve its signature taste. I would say that spring/egg rolls are the most popular Asian appetizer choice. You can cook Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish
- It’s of Spicy Asian Garlic Sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Extra Fine Minced Fresh Garlic [shaved then minced].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fine Shaved Scallions [separate rounds].
- You need 1/3 cup of Hot Chile Peppers [thin sliced – Jalapeños – Thai – Habenero – Scotch Bonnet – Ghost – Dried Red Peppers Or Serrano Chiles].
- You need 4 tbsp of Fresh Or Bottled Lime Juice [or less].
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Cilantro [packed-rough chop-no stems].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fresh Minced Ginger.
- You need 6 tbsp of Light Brown Sugar [more or less].
- It’s 1 of Red Pepper Flakes [optional].
- Prepare 1 of Chopped Chives [optional].
- It’s of Chinese Rice Wine [optional].
- Prepare of Fresh Parsley [optional].
- You need 1 tsp of Orange Juice Or 1/2 teaspoon Orange Zest [optional].
- Prepare of Shreaded Carrots [optional-for color].
- You need of Crispy Fried Catfish Nuggets.
- You need 1 of 3 lb Frozen Bag Catfish Nuggets [de-thaw amount desired].
- Prepare 2 large of Egg Cold Whites [whisked until frothy].
- It’s 1 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Each: Garlic Powder & Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Each: Black Pepper [or 1/2 tsp white pepper] – Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice [optional-if omitting old bay for sodium content concerns].
- Prepare 1 cup of Cornstarch.
A collection of Asian dipping sauces perfect for a holiday party egg roll and spring roll dipping bar. Let's just say hypothetically I am planning a holiday party for a crowd. Great recipe for Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish. ° This really is a wonderfully flavored, versatile, salty, tangy, sweet, acidic & undeniably spicy dipping sauce! Try it out, tweek it, then feel free to make it your very own signature dip! ° Serving a colorful dipping sauce.
Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish step by step
- Items you'll need..
- Chop all ingredients as directed and mix everything together in the Spicy Asian Garlic Sauce Section. Leave sauce in fridge to marinate for 45 minutes or longer..
- Your sauce can be served hot, warm or cold and with a myriad of other dishes. Serve this dipping sauce with any type of well coated, deep fried, crispy seafood. If choosing soft shell crab, this recipe will support six medium sized crabs..
- Tonight, this sauce will accompany several thick, well seasoned, deep fried, crispy catfish nuggets..
- °De-thaw your required amounts of catfish nuggets in sink. Whisk cold egg whites in a cold metal bowl until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix all powdered ingredients together. Place your [dabbed dry] catfish pieces in egg mixture then dip into your flour coating. Deep fry at 350° or fry nuggets in a stove top pan with 2"-3" of high heat oil. Don't overfill your fryer or pan with too many pieces. 4 or 5 smaller ones should fry at one time, tops. Fry nuggets until done, meaning golden brown and crispy on the outside. About 3 minutes on each side if they're slightly larger pieces. Drain in strainer or on paper towels and serve immediately with a side of your dipping sauce. Enjoy!.
- Authors Note: While your sauce may taste even better with some additional marinade time in the fridge, aesthetically speaking, it won't be nearly as pretty the following day. And, it certainly won't be as vibrant color wise. Plan to make this sauce just before serving but make sure it's chilled for your guests. Enjoy!.
Asian dipping sauce for spring rolls, lettuce wraps, or even use for Asian salad dressing. I use this dipping sauce as a marinade as well. You can even use it as a basting sauce for chicken, shrimp, and even beef! But I love Chinese dumplings and this is where it gets used the most. Try to make a few hours ahead and serve at room temperature.