Super Juicy Super Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs. My Ultimate Super Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe that is super duper crispy, juicy and the batter never falls off the chicken so each bite is crispy to the end! It has to be super crispy; The crispy skin cannot fall off the chicken easily, or with one bite. Add chicken thighs and legs and cook for several minutes.
Super Crispy Fried Chicken is one of my all-time favorite go-to chicken recipes, made with juicy chicken coated in buttermilk and all purpose flour, then fried to perfection. You can make this chicken more or less spicy using cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes in the flour. Arrange chicken thighs in single layer on a wire rack placed over a backing sheet. You can have Super Juicy Super Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Juicy Super Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs
- You need of chicken.
- Prepare 6 of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare of chicken coating.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yellow corn meal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of chipotle ground powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of albanian dried sage leaves, I used Penzeys brand..
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need of frying.
- It’s 48 oz of vegetable oil.
Great recipe for Super Juicy Super Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs. I have never replicated that recipe. My problem then was just adding some of this, a bit of that. I have come close but just never the same in taste or in texture.
Super Juicy Super Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs step by step
- Trim off excess fat from chicken..
- Place chicken in a large bowl and pour in buttermilk. Cover and refrigerate chicken for 1 hour..
- In a gallon sized Ziploc bag add in all of the coating ingredients. Zip closed and shake well to combine ingredients thoroughly..
- Add in chicken and zip closed again. Shake vigorously to coat chicken. Let chicken sit in bag while preparing oil..
- In a large Dutch oven cast iron pot or using a deep fryer, heat oil to 350°F fahrenheit..
- Cook chicken in two batches. Place three pieces and cook for three-four minutes and then flip. Cook another three-four minutes..
- Drain chicken on a paper towel lined plate while cooking second batch..
- You now have super juicy, super crispy chicken. Enjoy..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Nope — you, my friend, made this honest-to-goodness, crispy, juicy, finger-licking delicious chicken at home. Whether you're a first-time fryer or your skillet is well-seasoned, this is the step-by-step guide for making the very best fried chicken at home. Learn how to make the best fried chicken! This easy homemade recipe makes super crispy fried chicken on the outside and moist, juicy and flavorful on the inside. This classic buttermilk fried chicken is a very popular dish in many places around the world, and for good reason.