Quick Crispy Chili Rellanos. Heat oil in a pan or deep fryer to medium heat. Make sure oil is hot before frying the Rellanos. Quick Crispy Chili Rellanos Recipe by Char.
Plus, it's inexpensive and feeds a big family! In order to get authentic tasting chile rellenos, you should use a couple of eggs, seperated. Whip the whites w/an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. You can have Quick Crispy Chili Rellanos using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Crispy Chili Rellanos
- It’s 1 packages of egg roll wrappers.
- Prepare 1 large of can hatch green chilies.
- It’s 1 packages of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare 4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 quart of green chili sauce (store bought or your own ) I use my own.
Beat the yolks seperatley and fold them into the whites (preseverving the volume of the whites). Then you can dip the stuffed chiles into the egg.and don't worry about slopping it on. Chiles rellenos, that classic Mexican dish of cheese-stuffed fried peppers, is made from scratch in this recipe. Make the stuffed peppers ahead of time and freeze; then take out and fry another day to make your dinner preparation easier.
Quick Crispy Chili Rellanos instructions
- Lay out 1 roll wrapper on cutting board.
- Cut a green chili in half and lay it in the center diagonally.
- Add shredded cheese and wet edges of wrapper with water. fold wrapper inword so that no chili or cheese is exposed. sealed good..
- Repeat until all wrappers are used. I get about 20 Rellanos per package..
- Heat oil in a pan or deep fryer to medium heat. Make sure oil is hot before frying the Rellanos. I usually cook 4-5 at a time. Cook til golden brown. Flipping once if your using a pan..
- Set on paper towels to cool. Serve with chili or you can eat them just like an egg roll..
- I smother them with my green chili (see recipe). I top with lettuce and tomato!.
Carefully rub the charred skin off the chiles. Make ahead until you are ready to serve! Over the years I started to appreciate pigskin Sunday for the actual football being played (Go Broncos!) and more than just the association with Mexican appetizers. Spoon the beer mixture evenly all over the peppers. Be sure to add batter over the open seam of the peppers.