Honey Chicken. Honey chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. If you love Chinese food, you will love this simple and delicious dish. The crispy chicken is deep-fried on stove top and glazed in a sweet and savory honey sauce.
Honey chicken is one of the most popular Chinese recipes on Rasa Malaysia. I created that recipe two years ago and many readers have requested variations of that recipe. It features best of both worlds of sesame chicken and honey chicken. You can have Honey Chicken using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Honey Chicken
- You need 5 oz of chicken breast.
- You need 3 oz of rice noodles.
- You need 1/2 cup of broccoli.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of red pepper.
- You need 1/8 cup of green onion.
- You need 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of low-sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
Quick and easy using chicken thighs or breasts, your new family favourite chicken dinner is here! Chicken breasts bathed in a tangy, citrus honey marinade, then baked. This is a great marinade for chicken breasts. For a more low-fat recipe, try reducing the amount of oil.
Honey Chicken instructions
- Bring pot of water to rolling boil. Add noodles, and let boil for 10-12 minutes..
- Chop chicken breast into 1-inch chunks. Place in bowl, and cover with 1 tbsp oil. Combine bread crumbs and flour, and coat chicken with mixture. Add to deep fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes, until chicken is at 165°F..
- Wash and dice all veggies..
- In small bowl, combine honey, 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, and 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Mix thoroughly..
- Bring frying pan and wok to medium heat. Place remaining sesame oil in wok. Add chicken and honey sauce to frying pan and turn as needed to coat chicken..
- Drain water from noodles when done. Place in wok with veggies (hold 1 tbsp green onion) and remaining soy sauce, and cook for 4-5 minutes. Season with cayenne pepper and remaining garlic powder..
- Remove all food from heat. Plate noodles and chicken, and garnish chicken with remaining green onion..
Crispy Honey Chicken fried on the stove top and then covered in a sweet honey soy sauce dressing. Serve over rice for a better-than-takeout dinner! The chicken is first battered, deep fried and then coated with a thick sauce. You can use a wok but I really recommend deep frying the chicken bits when using a batter like this. The sauce is a delicious mixture of honey, garlic, and ginger and rice vinegar.