Brad's keto friendly walleye w/ basil caper browned butter sauce. Great recipe for Brad's keto friendly walleye w/ basil caper browned butter sauce. My roommates are on the keto diet. He asked me to make him dinner.
A Lemon Butter Sauce with Crispy Pan Fried Fish that would be perfectly at home in a posh restaurant, yet is so quick to make at home! Browning the butter gives the sauce a rich, nutty aroma which pairs beautifully with fresh lemon, as well as thickening the sauce and giving it a gorgeous golden colour. He asked me to make him dinner. You can have Brad's keto friendly walleye w/ basil caper browned butter sauce using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's keto friendly walleye w/ basil caper browned butter sauce
- Prepare of For the fish.
- You need 2 lbs of walleye fillets.
- It’s of Salt, black pepper, garlic powder.
- Prepare of Canola oil for frying.
- You need of For the veggies.
- It’s 1 of zucchini.
- Prepare 2 of yellow crooked neck squash.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- You need 2 of leeks.
- Prepare 3 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1 bunch of baby boy choy, just the white.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- It’s 12 tbs of sweet cream butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare 3 tbs of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbs of capers, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 pinch of granulated chicken bouillon.
He asked me to make him dinner. So here is a great tasting carb free meal. This can be done with any mild white meat fish. See great recipes for Brad's lamb chops w/ vodka, tomato, basil, cream sauce too!
Brad's keto friendly walleye w/ basil caper browned butter sauce step by step
- Start the sauce. In a pan, melt butter over medium low heat. Keep a close eye on it. The solids in the butter will separate and go to the bottom. Stir. Watch while the solids brown. When they brown, remove from heat and place in a separate bowl to stop the cooking process. Be careful or you will burn it. Set aside..
- Lay out fish. Sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and garlic. Let sit a few minutes.
- Wipe out pan with paper towels. Heat a little oil in the same pan. Add sliced shallots, sliced leeks, and sliced celery. Saute until shallots turn translucent. Add rest of veggies and saute until tender..
- Heat a pan with a little more oil. Fry fish couple minutes per side until flaky..
- Meanwhile, heat another pan without any oil. Add rest of sauce ingredients. Simmer until wine and lemon juice reduce to just 2 tbs liquid. Mix browned butter in and heat through..
- Plate veggies. Lay fish on top. Drizzle sauce over the top. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
He asked me to make him dinner. So here is a great tasting carb free meal. Be very careful with the lemon because you have both juice and zest. I cut back on the lemon and it was still overwhelming. To try to cut the tangy-ness and bitterness, I added a little bit of sugar, but then it came out too sweet.