Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza. Delicious Cheese Blend Made With All-Natural Mozzarella & Cheddar Cheese. This whole wheat pizza dough crust is a healthier choice. Then add healthier toppings that just go great with the crust.
To assemble the pizza I used a pre-baked whole wheat pizza crust and then added the following in this order – pesto sauce baby spinach tomatoes jalapenos shallots mushrooms feta cheese and freshly shredded smoked mozzarella cheese. This was the absolute best pizza I've ever made. The base of the pizza is made from scratch. You can cook Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza using 27 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza
- You need Utensils: of .
- It’s of Oven (pre-heated to 450 degrees).
- It’s of Chef knife.
- You need of Cutting Board.
- It’s of Rolling pin.
- It’s of 1/4 Cup Liquid Measure.
- You need of Food scale (helpful but not a must).
- Prepare of Tablespoon Measure.
- Prepare of 1 Cup Dry Measure.
- You need of 1 Large Sauteuse (Saute Pan/ Skillet).
- Prepare of Wooden Spoon or tongs.
- Prepare of Medium Size Bowl.
- It’s of Metal Sheet Pan / baking sheet.
- You need of Aluminum foil (optional, to make clean up easier).
- It’s of Large Spatula or Pizza Peel.
- It’s Ingredients: of .
- It’s 4 each of whole wheat pizza dough crust (9 inches each).
- Prepare 1 cup of wheat flour (for rolling out pizza dough).
- It’s 1 each of shallot.
- Prepare 1 each of garlic clove.
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of baby spinach.
- Prepare 4 each of Roma tomatoes (sliced into 8 slices each).
- Prepare 2 each of large Portobello mushrooms.
- You need 12 oz. of Feta cheese, crumbled.
- It’s ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 Cup of Corn Meal (for cooking, gives an authentic feel and taste).
It is made of whole wheat which makes the pizza base more healthier. Sun dried tomatoes and spinach makes a great topping on the pizza along with mozzarella cheese and feta cheese. Make these delicious pizzas for your kids birthday party or any. Gluten-Free Flatbreads PEPPERONI Pepperoni, freshly-shredded mozzarella, romano and our own all-natural tomato sauce.
Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza instructions
- Prep all the ingredients; Mince (fine dice) Shallots and Garlic, Chop baby spinach, Slice Roma Tomatoes (sliced into 8 slices each), Slice Mushrooms.
- Heat on the stove the large sauteuse.
- Then add 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Then add all the shallots and garlics, Sauté / sweat for 1 minute.
- Next add the sliced Portobello mushrooms, sauté for another 3 minutes (careful not to brown the garlic).
- Then add the chopped spinach (stirring), sauté until lightly wilted (about 10 seconds).
- Empty Pan into bowl to cool down.
- Roll out the 4 pizza dough crusts to 4 each 9 inch discs..
- Place Aluminum Foil in sheet pan to cover.
- Place Pizza dough on pan (2 per pan should fit).
- (optional) Dust under dough with corn meal (to prevent sticking) by lifting a corner of the dough and lightly toss a small amount of corn meal under dough. Prevents sticking and gives an authentic texture to the bottom of the dough..
- Top each pizza with equal amounts of the spinach/ mushroom mix..
- Arrange 8 slices of tomato per pizza..
- Sprinkle 3 ounces of Feta cheese per pizza crust..
- Season with cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 2 minutes and turn/ rotate pan 180 degrees for even baking.
- Cook time should take 5 to 8 minutes to bake depending on oven..
- Preheat the oven at 450F..
Top the par-baked pizza dough with the spinach mixture then top that with the feta and mozzarella. Place the pizza back into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. When the pizza comes out of the oven, top with the cherry tomatoes oregano and black pepper. Grill Top Instructions: Preheat grill to high heat. Top pitas with tomatoes, spinach (spinach wilts down a lot so don't be afraid to put a lot on), mushrooms, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese; drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.