Crispy Potato Wedges. These potato wedges are impossibly crispy and crackly on the outside, with tender, pillowy potato insides. They're the perfect homemade solution any time the French fry craving strikes. These wedges are generously seasoned with pepper, garlic powder and onion powder before baking, which makes them mysteriously and utterly irresistible.
Just as popular as fries, wedges are the perfect appetizer or snack! French-fry fans will fall for this easy oven-baked variety and never miss the fat. Try pairing the crispy potato wedges with everything from hot dogs and hamburgers to chicken strips and fish. —Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana Next Recipe. You can cook Crispy Potato Wedges using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy Potato Wedges
- Prepare 1 kg of potatoes washed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sea salt.
- Prepare of enough water to cover potatoes.
- It’s 4 springs of rosemary.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of baking powder.
Potato wedges seasoned with paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder are coated in bread crumbs creating crispy potato wedges. Whatever beautifully golden roasted potato edge you had is now long gone in lieu of a potato mash that looks nothing like perfectly roasted crispy potato wedges. And to make matters worse, it'll be stuck on your hot baking sheet and you'll be scrubbing for a LONG time getting it off. Hopefully these crispy baked potato wedges will be the answer to your potato problems!
Crispy Potato Wedges step by step
- Peel and wedge (8pieces) / french potatoes. Rub with lemon juice and freeze till rock hard..
- Place potatoes in a pot, add water and bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain and cover with fresh water till the top. Gentle is the only way they arent going to fall apart. You may cut larger fries but not too large..
- Add the rest of ingredients and let sit for 2-3 hours on the counter top..
- Drain and air dry for about an hour or less. Then fry for 7 minutes a few at a time as to not overcrowd the deep fryer..
- Drain from oil, cool and you could fry it right away for 15 minutes or freeze a batch so you can have french fries any time. When you do fry them, you will know they are ready when the bubbles in the oil starts to calm down a little and the fries are floating around..
They're fluffy inside, crispy round the edges, and are seasoned with my favourite spices – perfect for all sorts of occasions. Here are some of my top tips for making perfect crispy potato wedges every time. Guys, you can make no fail, crispy, perfectly seasoned baked potato wedges that are better than anything you've ever ordered in a restaurant!. This is my go-to recipe for perfect crispy potato wedges baked in the oven – restaurant-style. They are crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle.