Potato Chips. Make your own potato chips using your microwave. A tasty and easy alternative to store-bought potato chips (not to mention economical)! A mandoline would make slicing the potato into paper thin slices a breeze.
Potato chips (often just chips), or crisps (in British English), are thin slices of potato that have been either deep fried or baked until crunchy. They are commonly served as a snack, side dish, or appetizer. The basic chips are cooked and salted; additional varieties are manufactured using various flavorings and ingredients including herbs, spices, cheeses, other natural flavors, artificial. You can have Potato Chips using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Chips
- It’s 4 of Russet Potato, Large.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoon of Salt.
- You need To Taste of Seasoning of Choice.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable Oil for deep frying.
Making homestyle potato chips is fun and easy. A food processor with a slicing attachment is very helpful. Experiment with the thickness; you may like them thicker or thinner. I like to use olive oil because it has less trans fats, but you can use safflower, corn, or peanut oil as well as vegetable oil.
Potato Chips instructions
- Scrub and clean potatoes.
- Slice as thinly as possible. I used a food processor with a slicing attachment..
- Soak in a large bowl of water and the salt for 30 minutes..
- Remove from bowl and rinse..
- Preheat deep fryer (with vegetable oil in it) to 375°F.
- Spread potato slices onto a clean surface.
- Sprinkle both sides with favorite spices. I used KC Masterpiece Barbecue Seasoning and salt..
- Optional: transfer to a bowl and shake well to coat, and make frying easier..
- Drop into preheated oil and fry in small batches until golden brown..
- Transfer to a paper towel to absorb the extra oil, serve and enjoy!.
The chef of El Bulli, the famous Spanish restaurant, Mr. Adrià created an omelet reminiscent of a Spanish tortilla that comes together in minutes using only eggs, salted potato chips and olive oil. As with any recipe calling for just a few ingredients. Crispy, salty, crunchy — potato chips are this and so much more. Cooking chips at home allows you to tweak what you put in them, meaning you know exactly what you're eating.