Chorizo Home Fries. For the fries: Wash and scrub the potatoes. Fill a large bowl with water and the vinegar and soak the potatoes for at. This is a great way to get the fuck out of dodge when catering to hungover friends that slept on your couch.
To make home fries, start by cutting some potatoes into small cubes or wedges. While the potatoes are boiling, heat some oil, like canola or vegetable oil, over medium heat. Fries are definitely one of the best inventions and even better when topped with all kinds of delicious and savory ingredients. You can have Chorizo Home Fries using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chorizo Home Fries
- It’s 3 lb of red potatoes; quatered.
- Prepare 3 lb of chorizo.
- Prepare 2 of jalapeños; halved and sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion; minced.
- You need 1 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 t of cumin.
- Prepare 8 oz of chihuahua cheese; shredded.
- Prepare 8 oz of cheddar cheese; shredded.
- It’s as needed of vegetable oil.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
This loaded chorizo fries recipe is so darn good that my mouth waters just looking at the picture. Like most of the recipes at Dukes and Duchesses, this one is quick and easy and perfect for game day, snack time, or even a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Jump to Recipe · Print Recipe. If you are looking to take your game day food to the next level, give this chorizo fries a try.
Chorizo Home Fries step by step
- Heat a large saute pan and add chorizo with salt, pepper, pepper flakes, and cumin. After 1 minute or so when spices are fragrant, add a tiny pinch of vegetable oil and the onions..
- When chorizo is nearly finished cooking, add garlic. Saute 1 minute and remove from heat..
- While chorizo is cooking, drop potatoes in a 350° deep fryer and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked..
- Transfer potatoes and chorizo to a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheeses and jalapeños atop..
- Broil for 1 minute or until cheese is melted and bubbly..
- Variations; Ground beef/pork/chicken/turkey, serrano, ancho chile, chipotle, poblano, habanero, celery, bacon, crema, tomato, tamarind, shallots, salsa, corn, sofrito, bell peppers, poppers, apple, avocado, pinto beans, black beans, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, sage, parsley, cilantro, coriander, raisins, chutney, honey, jicama, guacamole, lime, mint, pumpkin seeds, butternut squash, acorn squash, scallions, salsa verde.
These fries are loaded with chorizo, cheese, cilantro, and chipotle crema. TheWolfePit Recommended for you Add potatoes to a medium sized pot and cover with enough water to submerge. Fill a large mixing bowl with ice cubes, and place a smaller metal bowl in the ice cubes to catch the ground meat. Assemble the chilled meat grinder, and grind the pork and seasonings using a coarse cutting plate. Remove from pan, leaving enough fat to coat the bottom of the pan.