Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce. This butternut squash pasta sauce is such an easy way to change up some of your favorite meals! It's packed full of roasted veggies and it's so creamy. I love a traditional pasta but I also love to try something different every once in a while and this butternut squash sauce was a big hit with the whole family.
I've received compensation but, as always, all opinions are my own. This Creamy One Pot Butternut Squash Pasta is the perfect restaurant-quality pasta dish that's so easy to make at home! Home » Recipes » Italian » Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce. You can cook Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- You need 2 of Butternut Squash.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare 12 oz of box Gluten Free Penne pasta.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of Chicken broth.
- Prepare Half of and half.
- You need 1/4 of onion minced.
- You need 2 of large cloves garlic minced.
- You need of Sun dried tomatoes cut up (as many as you like).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Cavender's Greek Seasoning.
- It’s of Pasta water.
This creamy butternut squash pasta sauce is a healthy hack to make a luxuriously creamy pasta dish that is much lower in calories. Blended cooked squash has such a smooth and velvety texture that. Spiced and creamy (yet cream-less) butternut squash sauce tossed with whole grain linguine. Top with fried sage for a healthy, comforting main dish.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce step by step
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and cut both squash in half then scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash face down on baking tray with about a half a cup of water.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes.
- Take out oven and cool for 10 minutes then turn over and scoop out roasted squash and place into a pot on the stove with some butter.
- Meanwhile boil your pasta in another pot (save one cup of the pasta water) and saute the onion and garlic and cut up your sun dried tomatoes.
- Mash squash with a potato masher and turn the heat to LO on the stove top.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic and Cavender's and continue to stir until desired creaminess.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the squash mixture. Add some pasta water to make it stick to the penne.Turn off heat and place top on the pot to let the pasta absorb the sauce !! 💗💗💋😘💗💗😋😋Serve immediately and ENJOY!!.
Serve with salad or roasted vegetables to further lighten up the meal. Butternut squash cooked and pureed makes a great pasta sauce base. I wanted the pasta to be extra extra saucy – almost like tortellini soup and your favorite pasta recipe combined to make something even better. Buitoni's freshly made pasta was the perfect thing to serve with this creamy pasta sauce. I chose three cheese tortellini, but you.