Bacon Sautéed Leeks and Duck Egg. Cut bacon into small pieces and fry. Add sliced leek to bacon grease and sauté until soft. Make well in the leeks for your egg.
Craving some warm comfort food after a cold wet snow day. Leek has a tendency to collect dirt, so don't skip this step. Cut the bacon in small strips. You can have Bacon Sautéed Leeks and Duck Egg using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Sautéed Leeks and Duck Egg
- Prepare 3 slice of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 of Leek.
- Prepare 1 of Duck Egg.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Himalayan Pink Salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until done, then add the leek and a little butter. Leave the grease in the pan. Drain bacon on paper towels and chop when cool. Heat the grease up over medium heat.
Bacon Sautéed Leeks and Duck Egg instructions
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry. Set aside..
- Add sliced leek to bacon grease and sauté until soft. Add butter if needed..
- Make well in the leeks for your egg. Add salt and pepper to taste. Crack and cover. Cook egg until done but yolk is soft..
- Move to plate, top with bacon, and enjoy..
Since I'm vegetarian, I did a TVP "bacon" recipe in place of real bacon and sauteed the leeks in some a bit of butter. This recipe is made with duck eggs but poultry eggs can also be used. A hint of kasoori methi,fresh cream and spices makes it an authentic curry to be enjoyed in dinner with pulao, rice,paratha o. We also do another variation with prosciutto and sautéed peppers and onions. Return the pan to the medium heat, add the sprigs of thyme in a bundle and bring to the boil, still whisking.