Vegetarian Pad Thai. The vegan Pad Thai sauce I used for this dish is super simple. All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Then you just add it to the cooked vegetables, rice noodles, and baked tofu cubes.
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and lime juice. This Rainbow Vegetarian Pad Thai (with peanuts and basil dohhh) is just really good, my friends. It is really good and surprisingly easy. You can have Vegetarian Pad Thai using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Pad Thai
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of fresh coriander leaves.
- You need 1/2 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 of freshly roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 1 of lime (3/4 sqeezed; 1/4 wedge).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of rice noodles.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sprouted chickpeas.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 of chili.
- Prepare 1 of spring onion.
- It’s 1 of celery stalk.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
I took a few ideas I had seen out there in the big wide internet world (vegetables as noodles! Pad Thai sauce-ery!) and made them into this. This authentic Pad Thai for vegetarian and vegan Thai food lovers is also perfect for those who want a lighter noodle dish without the meat. And because it's made with rice noodles, Pad Thai can also be made gluten-free.
Vegetarian Pad Thai instructions
- Roast peanuts for 15 min at 180°.
- Mix sauce: water, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce..
- Finely chop garlic.
- Slice onion, Julianne carrots, slice spring onion, slice celery, rinse chickpea sprouts, slice chili..
- Place dry noodles in boiling water to soften – 5min.
- Heat olive oil in wok, and brown garlic for 30sec. Add onion slices and cook for a minute..
- Move everything to the sides and crack both eggs into the center. Break the yokes. Fry..
- Add carrots, celery, chili slices, sauce, 1/2 the roasted peanuts. Stir until noodles are soft and everything is coated, liquid is gone..
- Add spring onion slices and chickpea sprouts. Stir another minute or 2..
- Garnish with fresh coriander, remainder of roasted peanuts and lime wedge. Serve..
Although vegetables are not strictly part of traditional Pad Thai. Vegan pad thai is one of my favourite things to eat and luckily for vegans, it is rather easy to veganise. This version is quick and gluten-free too. recipes.. Interesting vegan version of Phad Thai! The recipe looks really attractive, and it is even ketogenic diet friendly!