Coctel de Camarones Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. Check Out Our Recipes To Up The Flavor Of Your Favorite Dish. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. This recipe for Mexican shrimp cocktail (coctel de camarones) is fresh shrimp tossed in a homemade sauce with red onion, avocado, cilantro and jalapeno.
Mexican-style shrimp cocktail, tossed in a flavorful sauce of ketchup, onion, cilantro, and citrus juice, is a great cold summer dish—but it's often too sweet, thanks in large part to all that ketchup. This version replaces some of the ketchup with tomato puree, and it's spot-on perfect now. As a kid, I remember the Coctel de Camarones or Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, that my Dad would prepare. You can cook Coctel de Camarones Mexican Shrimp Cocktail using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coctel de Camarones Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- You need of large sweet onion, diced.
- Prepare of medium tomatoes, diced.
- You need of English cucumber, diced.
- It’s of avocado, diced.
- You need of serano peppers, diced.
- It’s of chopped fresh cilantro.
- You need of Clamato juice.
- Prepare of tomato juice.
- It’s of ketchup.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s of shrimp, cooked, cooled and diced.
- It’s of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of tobasco sauce.
- Prepare of Salt and black pepper.
And as a kid, I also remember that it was mostly for the adults, lol! We would get a little taste and we were happy as could be. Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, otherwise known as Cóctel de Camarónes, doesn't resemble an American shrimp cocktail at all. This version is almost like a "salad in a glass!" It's chock full of crunchy vegetables and shrimp in a spicy, tangy tomato sauce.
Coctel de Camarones Mexican Shrimp Cocktail step by step
- If you are using fresh shrimp, cook these first and let them cool completely..
- Chop all vegetables..
- Add all ingredients to a container with a lid..
- Refrigerate for a couple hours so flavors can blend..
In this video i will be teaching you how to make coctel de camarones/ shrimp cocktail. Coctel de Camarones, or Mexican Shrimp Cocktail, is an easy recipe that is low in calories and incredibly YUMMY! It's seafood heaven in every bite. It's seafood heaven in every bite. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe This Mexican Shrimp Cocktail recipe is a quintessential summer appetizer, especially when served with grilled shrimp.