Simple Dirty Rice. Cajun dirty rice recipe is truly a one pot meal. It is hearty and delicious while being so simple. This recipe is easy and perfect for a weekend night.
We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Brown the sausage making a small crumble mixture in a skillet until cooked through. Stir in the broth, rice and minced onion. You can have Simple Dirty Rice using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Dirty Rice
- Prepare 4 cup of parboiled rice.
- It’s 1 of med chicken liver.
- You need 1 of small red pepper.
- You need 1/4 of small onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh garlic.
- It’s Dash of yellow food coloring.
- You need Dash of cumin.
- Prepare Dash of oregano.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need 2 cubes of or small packs of chicken bullion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bacon bits (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canned peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of canned sweet corn.
- Prepare 2 of tblsp olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 8 oz of beer (light).
Dirty Rice is one of our favorites and so easy to whip up. It is a full meal in itself and if you are in hurry cook the rice ahead of time and refrigerate it. You will need to heat it up in the pot with the meat and vegetables for one to two minutes longer but it will still be delicious!! An Authentic recipe for Cajun Dirty rice.
Simple Dirty Rice instructions
- Boil chicken liver for 10 min or until cooked, let cool and dice finely.
- Sauté onion, pepper,and garlic in the olive oil about 3 to 4 min,then add the wine and bring to boil.
- Add rice, bullion and seasonings, a pinch of coloring,oregano, cumin, salt& pepper, bacon bits,,bay leaf, along with 4 cup of water, cover and cook on med for 20 min. Uncover, add the beer, the corn and the peas, mix well and let cook for another 5 to 6 min. Adjust seasonings for final taste. Serve and enjoy.
My Mother got from a restaurant in LA. Takes a while to cook, but well worth the results. Dirty Rice is a spicy and meaty rice dish that just may become your favorite rice dish of all time. Usually Dirty Rice is served as a side dish, but with all that meaty goodness added to it, it's tempting to eat it as a main dish. The flavor of Dirty Rice starts with the Holy Trinity- onion, celery, and bell pepper.