Cheesy bacon and rice croquettes. Dip your hands into a bowl of water, then grab a handful of the rice and firmly press into a ball. Coat the rice balls in the remaining bread crumbs. Why not turn the leftover rice into these cheesy and bacon and air fryer rice croquettes (crispy rice balls) that everyone would enjoy!
Featuring Spiced Rice Pudding, Taco-Stuffed Peppers, Japanese Rice Burger, Bacon And Egg Fried Rice, Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl and Leftover Cheesy Bacon Rice Croquettes My Baked Cheesy Potato Croquettes are an easy bite-sized snack or side dish made from leftover mashed potato. Some simple but totally addictive cheesy snacks for you today! Ok, let's talk crispy bites of mashed potato with oozy, melted cheddar cheese in the middle, covered in crunchy breadcrumbs. You can have Cheesy bacon and rice croquettes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy bacon and rice croquettes
- You need 2 cups of rice cooked.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of crisp bacon bits.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of panko breadcrumb.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Olive oil spray.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of scallions chopped.
- Prepare of Teriyaki sauce or unagi sauce for drizzling optional.
Freeze option: Prepare croquettes as directed, omitting chilling step. Transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Prepare butter mixture; drizzle over croquettes. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer.
Cheesy bacon and rice croquettes step by step
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil..
- In a large bowl, mix together rice, bacon, cheese, eggs, and half of the panko breadcrumbs. Take about two tablespoonful of the mixture and form them into balls..
- Put rest of the panko breadcrumbs in a shallow plate. Lightly roll the rice balls in the breadcrumbs to coat. Then, put the rice balls inside the fryer basket..
- Spritz the rice balls with some olive oil and air fry at 360F (180C) for about 10-12 minutes, shake the basket once in the middle, until the surface is golden brown..
In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and parsley; bring to a boil. Stir rice with egg, parmesan and salt in a medium bowl. Tuck a mozzarella cube into the centre, then reshape into a ball. Roll each ball through bread crumbs, just enough to lightly coat.