Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup. Find out what the surprise ingredient is in healthy roasted cauliflower soup. Watch how to make the best cauliflower soup in this short recipe video. Roasting the cauliflower gives it tons of flavor, and it's so easy to do!
This creamy cauliflower leek soup is so quick and easy to make, you can whip up any night of the week! It's the perfect light soup if you want to have this More of my favorite creamy soups include Cream of Asparagus Leek Soup with Creme Fraiche, Cream of Zucchini Soup, and Cream of Carrot. This classic cauliflower soup is subtle yet quite flavorful, and it's easy to make. You can cook Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup
- It’s 1 of large head cauliflower.
- You need 1 of medium leek – thoroughly washed, cut into large pieces.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 2 tbs of curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey or agave nectar (optional).
- You need 2 cups of low sodium vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
You can also make it with roasted cauliflower for even bigger flavor. This cauliflower soup recipe is a simple, puréed soup that's thickened with potato and flavored with garlic, wine, and fresh herbs. This Creamy Cauliflower Soup recipe is made with healthier ingredients, it's quick and easy to make, and it is so comforting and tasty! It uses an entire head of cauliflower, it's ultra-creamy (although made without heavy cream), and even if you don't happen to be a huge cauliflower fan (like, ahem.
Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup step by step
- Preheat oven too 400°F. Cut cauliflower into 2" pieces. Spread cauliower and white part of leek on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower and leek, toss to coat. Place in oven and roast until very tender tender. About 35-40 min. Remove from oven, cover with another sheet of foil and let rest about 10 min..
- While cauliflower is resting mix curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne in a small bowl. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil. As soon as it melts add spices and sautée 20-30 SECONDS only..
- Add vegetable stock and salt (and honey/agave if desired). Stir to combine. Bring seasoned stock to a simmer. Let simmer about 5 minutes. Transfer stock to a heat safe bowl or pitcher..
- Uncover cauliflower/leek combo. Place half of combo in blender with half of vegetable stock. Blend to a nearly smooth puree. Pour back into sauce pan. Repeat process with remaining half of ingredients. Turn heat back on to medium low..
- Shake can of coconut milk vigorously to emulsify. Open and pour into saucepan with puree (reserve 1-2tsp for optional garnish). Stir to combine. Heat until just warmed through. Serve with na'an and enjoy!.
Rich and creamy roasted cauliflower soup made with leek, cremini mushroom, and cheddar cheese. If you love Food Network as much as I do, then you probably know about the show "Chopped". Today I'm super excited to be participating in Food Network's Chopped At Home Challenge, creating a. This Curry Roasted Cauliflower is a super easy gluten-free and vegan side dish to add to your weekly dinner routine. Cauliflower + curry spices + coconut milk is always a good equation.