Homemade KFC Chicken. Combine KFC's secret recipe for its breading with two cups of flour to thoroughly coat your chicken pieces after dipping in an egg and milk wash. KFC Original Recipe Chicken has been a huge part of my childhood. As a kid my aunt would walk me home from school and we would stop at the KFC that was a half a block from my school.
Breasts and wings cook faster than legs and. Dan's recipe requires you to deep fry the chicken. So if you don't have a deep fat fryer, or would rather be a touch healthier, why not try this slow cooker KFC recipe instead? You can have Homemade KFC Chicken using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade KFC Chicken
- Prepare 1/4 Tbsp of – Salt.
- Prepare of Initial Mix:.
- Prepare 1 Cup of – Flour.
- It’s of Wet Mix:.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 Can of – Club Soda/Carbonated Water.
- It’s 1/4 Tbsp of – Salt.
- You need 1 Cup of – Flour.
- Prepare of Dry Mix:.
- Prepare 3 Cups of – Flour.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of – Ground Thyme.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of – Dry Mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of – Dry Basil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of – Smoked Paprika.
- You need 2 Tbsp of – White Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of – Ground Ginger.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of – Celery Salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of – Garlic Salt.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of – Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 Tbsp of – Oregano.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of – Black Pepper.
A clever home cook has revealed how to imitate KFC's crispy fried chicken at home while in isolation – and you only need eight ingredients. The recipe was a hit online, with many keen to try it. The secret KFC recipe for its original fried chicken has never been revealed, but this is a good copy. My reverse-engineered recipe for replicating KFC's 'Original Recipe' chicken at home.
Homemade KFC Chicken instructions
- Massage Salt into raw chicken pieces.
- Flour: In a medium bowl place a cup of flourish.
- Wet Mix: In a seperate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (flour, eggs, club soda and salt).
- Seasoning Mix: In a third bowl mix the remaining dry ingredients.
- Once oil is heated in deep fryer or pot, dip each piece of chicken in the flour, wet mix and finally the seasoning mix..
- Deep fry the chicken for approximately 15 minutes for drumsticks, 18-20 minutes for thighs. Do not overfill the Fryer. Clean out any crumbs between batches or they will burn the next banch..
PLEASE NOTE: The Nutritional Information listing here is inaccurate — since only a fraction of flour and salt actually end up in the finished product. I've only tried homemade fried chicken a couple of other times, based on other recipes I found in cookbooks. Yours is *much* better than those were. While it is a good recipe in its own right, no one mistook it for KFC's recipe — mostly, I think, because yours is a bit heavier on the nutmeg. Mix all of the seasoning ingredients together in a bowl (minus the chicken and egg).