Southern Fried Chicken Coating. Put the chicken in a bowl and pour over the milk. Tip the flour and spices into a large plastic bag and add a large pinch of salt and a good grinding of pepper. Rinse the chicken pieces with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Dip chicken into egg mixture, then add to the bag, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat. Clinton Street Baking Co recipe fried chicken. Photograph: Felicity Cloake I like the Baking Co's idea of adding cornmeal to the flour coating, but actually, a well-fried piece of chicken should. You can have Southern Fried Chicken Coating using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Fried Chicken Coating
- It’s of Seasoned Flour.
- It’s 1 Cup of Flour.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Seasoning Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbs of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1/2 Tbs of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Buttermilk Marinade.
- It’s 1 Cup of Buttermilk or substitute 1 Cup Milk & 1 Tbs White Vinegar.
- You need 1 Tsp of Seasoned Meat Tenderizer.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 4 of Butterflied Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- You need of Frying.
- It’s of Peanut Oil.
This is half of the recipe. I would add two stirred raw eggs in a bowl. Combine KFC's secret recipe for its breading with two cups of flour to thoroughly coat your chicken pieces after dipping in an egg and milk wash. This would make or break my love for the air fryer and that test was homemade southern-style fried chicken!
Southern Fried Chicken Coating step by step
- Make the seasoned flour: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, seasoning salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder. Set aside..
- Make the buttermilk marinade: In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, seasoned meat tenderizer, pepper, and cayenne. Toss in the chicken in the marinade to coat. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator, or overnight..
- Dip the marinated chicken in the flour mixture until the chicken is completely covered. Fry in deep fryer with peanut oil at 365° for 7 Minutes. Cool on wire rack or paper towel..
I made a basic Southern-Style Fried Chicken recipe and threw it in the air fryer. Although I'm sure any fried chicken recipe would work. The results: Perfectly golden, crisp and crunchy Air Fryer Southern-fried chicken! Southern Fried Chicken – classic Southern chicken recipe that is crunchy and crusty on the outside and juicy and flavorful on the inside; infused with spices and seasonings and soaked in buttermilk to amp up the flavor. A great addition to your chicken recipe collection!