Creamy Chicken and Rice. Instant wild rice is cooked in chicken broth with shredded chicken, then combined with thickened cream for a quick soup. All Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Creamy chicken and rice made in just one skillet with minimal prep!
I'm going to let you in on a dark and dirty secret from my past. This homemade chicken and rice soup is a favorite soup of ours! It's rich and hearty and oh so comforting. You can cook Creamy Chicken and Rice using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and Rice
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of salted butter, divided.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large carrot, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cups of cooked shredded or chopped chicken.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each paprika, ground mustard.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of ground coriander.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese + additional for topping.
It will quickly become a new favorite to add into your rotation. It's like a chicken noodle soup made creamy with rice in place of noodles and I just can't get enough! When my mom asked me to prepare a speedy supper to feed our family, I used leftover chicken to create this casserole. Cheese and sour cream make the chicken and rice so creamy and tasty.
Creamy Chicken and Rice instructions
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and the olive oil to a large pot with a tight fitting lid. Once it's all melted and hot, add the onion, celery and carrot with a pinch of salt. Stir often and cook until everything has had a chance to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook until just fragrant, another minute or two more..
- Increase the heat to med-high and stir in the rice and seasonings. Let it cook, stirring often, for about 2 or so minutes to toast up the rice. Then stir in the broth and the chicken and give it all a good stir. Once it starts to come to a boil, cover it with the lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for a total of 11-14 minutes, until the liquid has all absorbed and the rice is tender… In the last 3 or so minutes of cook time, stir in the peas..
- Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the additional 1 tbsp of butter and both of the cheeses until everything is melted and incorporated in. Then serve, topped with a little extra freshly grated parmesan cheese..
I recently got married, and my husband, Doug, loves it, too. This Creamy Herb Chicken will become your favourite chicken recipe! So thick and creamy, this creamy herb sauce pairs perfectly over rice, pasta, or Creamy Mashed Potatoes. To keep the entire meal low carb, try it. What's in This Chicken and Rice Casserole?