Southern Biscuits. This simple, made from scratch, butter biscuit recipe from Paula Deen is a Southern favorite for breakfast. Ingredients include all-purpose flour, cubed butter and milk. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
As a transplant to the South, and married into a Southern family, I felt a steep sense of duty in making the perfect Southern biscuit. Welcome to the BEST ever homemade southern biscuit recipe. Perfect for slathering with butter, honey, jams, or covering with a spoonful of sausage gravy. You can have Southern Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Biscuits
- It’s 3 cups of self rising flour.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter frozen.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 15 ounces of canned evaporated milk.
- You need As needed of flour for dusting.
- Prepare As needed of Lyles Golden Syrup optional.
- It’s As needed of butter to brush tops with.
Serving the best biscuits, Righteous Chicken, Sweet Treats and Coffee throughout the Southeast and beyond! Order online or visit our restaurants. A biscuit is the perfect Southern breakfast food, ready to be filled with everything from eggs and bacon to fresh fruit jam. With the right recipe on hand, these homemade breads can easily make their way to the table for any meal.
Southern Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven 450°Fahrenheit mix the vinegar and milk allow to sit 10 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Mix the salt and flour. Grate the butter while it's frozen. Add the butter to the flour..
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes. Form into balls and put into a baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes. When the come out of oven brush tops with butter. Serve with Lyles Golden Syrup or as is. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Once you start with the add-ins, these biscuits get even more delicious. Get Southern Biscuits Recipe from Food Network. After baking hundreds of Southern buttermilk biscuit recipes, our Test Kitchen landed on this winning recipe for Our Favorite Buttermilk Biscuits. This no-fail biscuit recipe will make you look like a pro, even if this is your first attempt at biscuit-making. The instructions below are precise for a reason and should be followed as written.