One Pot Creamy American Goulash. American Goulash is an easy, one-pot, classic comfort food made with ground beef, tomatoes, and macaroni noodles. Made with simple ingredients, American Goulash is perfect for busy, growing families, or anyone who loves a delicious bowl of cheesy noodles covered in a rich meaty tomato sauce. This One Pot American Goulash recipe is very freezer-friendly.
Loaded with tomatoes, ground beef What is goulash? It is a one pot pasta dish that's typically made with ground beef, lots of tomatoes, peppers, onions, macaroni and seasoned with. Instant Pot American Goulash is a retro one-pot meal many grew up with. You can cook One Pot Creamy American Goulash using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One Pot Creamy American Goulash
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream or milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of elbow pasta, uncooked.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, salt, pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Pasta, ground beef, & tomato sauce make this pressure cooker American Instant Pot American Goulash. Mom made the best goulash, and I wish I had written down her recipe. Over the years I have just winged it, but when. Instant Pot Goulash is such an easy and tasty one pot meal!
One Pot Creamy American Goulash step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring often until they are translucent. Then add the garlic and cook just another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is brown throughout. Drain out any excess fat, if necessary..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir in the broth, cream and diced tomatoes. Then stir in the seasonings and allow it to come to a boil..
- Once it starts to boil, stir in the uncooked elbows, put the lid on and decrease the heat to med-low. Simmer for 11-13 minutes, until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid is mostly absorbed..
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir half the cheese in until it melts. Then sprinkle the rest across the top. Place the lid back on for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted..
- Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers..
One of my favorite things about this recipe is the easy clean up. You don't need a Get dinner on the table fast with Instant Pot American Goulash Recipe. Packed with flavor and frugal, American Goulash Pressure Cooker Recipe will be a. This classic American Goulash is easy, home-style, comfort food! Perfect for feeding a crowd or hungry family.