Best Chicken Empanadas / Empanadillas. But the Filipino empanadas are also quite unique, using a slightly sweet empanada dough. Filipino Empanadas have different kinds of fillings, among the most popular are ham and cheese, ground pork or beef and chicken. This empanada recipe was featured as part of our Argentine Grilling menu.
Chicken Empanada is a type of pastry that is stuffed with chicken meat, potato, carrots, and sweet peas. This is made by arranging the filling in the middle of a flattened dough and sealing it by pinching and folding the edges. Similar types of Empanadas are also common in Spain and South America. You can have Best Chicken Empanadas / Empanadillas using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best Chicken Empanadas / Empanadillas
- It’s of Vegetable.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need of Meat.
- You need 1 lb of chicken thighs.
- You need of Condiments.
- It’s 2 tsp of adobo.
- Prepare 1 packages of Goya discos.
- You need 1 tsp of sriracha.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of canola oil.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 packages of sazón.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
Hi YouTube, My daughter made one of her favorite go to meals (or snack) Chicken Empanadas (Pastelitos) You can make a batch in advance & freeze them for later consumption – these a great for grab. Lightly brush edges of crust with water. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Arrange empanadas on prepared baking sheet.
Best Chicken Empanadas / Empanadillas step by step
- Combine chicken, bay leaves, minced garlic, 1/4 cup water, 1 pack of Sazon, 1 tsp of adobo & marinate over night.
- Remove the Goya discos from your freezer & allow them time to defrost.
- Remove the chicken from the zip lock bag & bake for 30 minutes at 350° F.
- Let the chicken cool then shred it by hand or using two forks..
- Combine the chicken, butter, 1 pack of Sazon, 1 dash of adobo (to taste) & sriracha in a shallow pan. Simmer on low heat & stir until all of the ingredients are incorporated & remove from heat..
- In a separate pot or deep fryer heat canola oil to med high heat..
- On a flat surface take each disc & place two Tbsp of chicken into each one. Fold them in half & seal the edges completely using a fork..
- Once the oil is heated fry the empanadillas no more than 5 minutes until golden crisp..
- Be sure to rest them over paper towels or in a strainer to remove the excess oil..
They're easy to wrap up for lunch on-the-go, or serve on a tray at your next tailgate for an international twist on finger foods. Using the rim of a small saucer, trim off the edge of the empanada. The Best Empanada Dipping Sauce Recipes on Yummly Caprese Empanadas, Chicken Or Turkey Empanadas, Beef Empanadas With Sofrito Sauce Ingredients. These homemade chicken or turkey empanadas are filled with leftover shredded turkey or chicken, onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, cumin, oregano and balsamic vinegar.