You can cook Italian Risotto using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Risotto
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, very finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced or mashed.
- You need 1 cup of Arborio rice (or uncooked white rice).
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 3.5 cups of vegetable broth (hot).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 3/4 cup of frozen peas, (completely thawed).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Italian Risotto step by step
- Have all ingredients prepared, measured, and ready to use. Like they say, risotto waits for no one..
- Heat butter in a medium sauce pan on medium heat. When foam subsides, add onion and celery, sauté until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute..
- Stir in rice; add a bit of olive oil, sauté for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring until slightly toasted..
- Add the wine and stir this a few times. Heat until the liquid is almost evaporated. [Add finely chopped celery leaves].
- Add 1 cup of the hot broth (microwave) into the rice mixture and stir. Add the salt & pepper and thyme. Stir often until liquid is absorbed..
- Add more broth each time in stages by one (1) cup, stirring routinely, just when the broth is absorbed, add the next, until all (but 1/2 cup) is used. Cooking time varies, ~ 30-40 minutes..
- With rice now just tender, add the peas, and mix. Remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly..
- Transfer the creamy rice to a bowl or plates, and enjoy..
- [Use the 1/2 cup broth for next day leftover heating].