Creamy Parmesan Orzo. While it's perfect as a side dish, I prefer this as a meal on its own because it's cheesy, creamy and really hits the spot. A recipe for quick and easy creamy orzo pasta made with spinach and Parmesan cheese. I think it has something to do with the way orzo is so fun for everyone at the table.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo is a perfect side dish for dinner tonight! This tasty twist on mac and cheese will have you going back for seconds! Make a creamy pasta side dish by slowly cooking orzo in a simmering broth. You can cook Creamy Parmesan Orzo using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Parmesan Orzo
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 of small yellow onion, diced finely.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cups of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth, low sodium recommended.
- You need 2 cups of half & half.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper, dried parsley.
- Prepare 2 cups of roughly chopped spinach (optional).
Add flavor with Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and pine nuts. This creamy, cheesy, Parmesan orzo is my kind of dish and the kind of dish I could have every single night for lunch or dinner. You've got your proteins, your veggies, and my favorite. While it's perfect as a side dish, I prefer this as a meal on its own because it's.
Creamy Parmesan Orzo step by step
- In a large pot with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil and butter over med-high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the onion to the pot and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, just another minute or so..
- Stir in the orzo and let it toast for a couple of minutes. Increase the heat to high and stir in the broth and half & half. Once it reaches a boil, cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let this simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has mostly been absorbed by the orzo..
- Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the parmesan cheese (and the spinach if using). Then season to taste and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Parmesan and Spinach Orzo – This creamy orzo dish is a wonderful side or light main dish, and it's sure to be a hit with the entire Parmesan and Spinach Orzo. Orzo is a little pasta that is shaped like rice and can be used in soups, stews, casseroles or a delicious side dish. Creamy Parmesan Orzo with Chicken and Asparagus. by cravinghomecooked. Lemon Orzo with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes. by happilyunprocessedrecipes. This quick and easy parmesan spinach orzo has a light, creamy sauce and plenty of fresh spinach.