Creamy Chicken and rice soup. This soup is a new flavor to me. I've never made a wild rice soup so I figured it was about time. I chose to go with the creamy version because we all know a little cream makes nearly everything better, right?
I came up with this creamy chicken rice soup recipe while making some adjustments to a favorite stovetop chicken casserole. We like this soup for lunch with a crisp roll and fresh fruit. —Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado. Looking for the best Panera cream of chicken soup? You can have Creamy Chicken and rice soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and rice soup
- Prepare 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 1/2 c of white rice.
- It’s 7 c of water.
- You need 1 of large can cream of chicken.
- You need 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 can of carrots.
- Prepare 1-2 c of grated cheese.
- It’s of Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley.
Delicious and you can also use Swanson's Chicken a la King. It comes in cans and we add Cream of Chicken soup a couple of cans of chicken and serve it over rice. Quick and easy pressure cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is a creamy soup that's loaded with chicken, two kinds of rice, carrots, onion, and celery. A while back, I spent two days at the Salt Lake City.
Creamy Chicken and rice soup instructions
- Boil chicken breast with 1 or 2 bouillon cubes..
- While chicken is cooking open and drain carrots. With a fork, mash carrots into small pieces. (Optional: my kids don't like big chunks of carrots.).
- When chicken is done remove from water. In the water add the carrots remaining bouillon cubes and cook until the cubes are completely dissolved. Add a teaspoon of garlic powder a teaspoon of onion powder and 1-2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Add water and rice, cook until rice is done.
- Meanwhile, cube up or shred chicken.
- When rice is done add chicken, cream of chicken. And cheese salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let stand 10-20 minutes. The rice will swell and soup thicken..
Home » Main Dish » Chicken » Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Add onion, carrots and celery and sauté until slightly tender. Whenever I'm in need of a nourishing, soothing meal, I turn to this creamy chicken and rice soup. Although noodles tend to get all the attention, I actually prefer my chicken soup flecked. Cozying up to a bowl of this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup on a cold, winter day will warm you right up!